Random questions

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
Pydpiper
.204 Ruger Guns: Tikka Varmint

Random questions

Post by Pydpiper »

I don't want to start a new thread for every question, so I will put a few here then I can settle down for a bit. :D

1. Cleaning between 2 different rounds? When I am at the range trying different ammo out is it OK to just use a snake or should I run the whole cleaning process between brands or bullet weights?

2. I noticed when shooting 39's and 32's yesterday the both had the same POI (within reason) at 100 yards, can someone explain this to me? When will I see a difference, or is it just about energy?

3. I love this gun.

4. cleaning prior to storage, is a bore snake good enough for this situation too? I shoot daily so that would amount to a lot of cleaning..

I realize these questions are based on opinions, and I am happy with that, so I welcome all opinions. As you may have guessed this is my first run at a hot rod center fire, I just want to do this correctly and maximize the rifles potential. I hunt for a living and my rifle is almost always with me. Until the .204 I was using a .17 HMR.
Again guys, thank you.
David
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Re: Random questions

Post by Glen »

#1-- Some guns shoot better from a squaky clean bore while others seem to like a little dirt in em. Find what yours likes best & run with that.

#2-- The 39's will outpull the 32's after 200yds. 100yds should only have around 1/2-3/4" difference unless you have the 32's running about 3-400 fps faster.

#3-- As well you should!! :wtg: :wtg:

#4-- I would have to defer to #1 unless your are putting it away for the winter or a period of more than 2 weeks. Then clean it good & lube it but remember that if you have a rig that shoots better dirty you'll have to foul the bore with a shot or 3 to get POI & accuracy back.

HTH
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen