H&R .204 Ruger Bull Barrel

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
Fat NDN
.204 Ruger Guns: H&R Bull Barrel

H&R .204 Ruger Bull Barrel

Post by Fat NDN »

My prference has been more towards Savage and CZ, but I was given a new H&R .204 Bull Barel rifle.
I am new to this forum and haven't seen this gun mentioned. Are there any members shooting this rifle ??
crazy2medic
.204 Ruger Guns: custom .204 left hand bolt.

Re: H&R .204 Ruger Bull Barrel

Post by crazy2medic »

Yes, there are several members here that use that rifle, I have two both will shoot very accurate, me and my boy took them on a prairie dog shoot last may, we were picking pd's off at 400yds! nothing wrong with the rifles except slow to reload!

that's why I now have a custom built mini mauser and my boy has a howa both .204!
Coyote, Cat, Crow, 204 fodder!
bgaston

Re: H&R .204 Ruger Bull Barrel

Post by bgaston »

I have one as well! As far as performance, I love the way mine shoots. With the bull barrel, it makes it a bit on the heavy side. But other than that, no compaints. 1 shot 1 kill, right. The single shot makes you take better shots, anyways. But i would say that at the time, IF i had the money, i would have went for a bolt action. But man it is a BLAST shooting rabbits and pd's @ 300 + yards. And really there have only been a couple of times where i kicked myself for not having a fast follow up shot. If you get good enough you can reload pretty quick. Just my .02