Kimber Pro Varmint

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
GlennGTR
.204 Ruger Guns: 77 ultralight all weather

Kimber Pro Varmint

Post by GlennGTR »

I was in Cabelas where it was my pleasure of handling a Kimber Pro Varmint in 204.Verrrry nice triger.Felt well balanced not too heavy.Has any one here shot or owned one? You can never tell just by the cost of a firearm alone weather its worth it or not.Also the Ruger Target seemed like a good rifle any feed back on these guns would be apreciated.
Vartarg
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 77MkII Target, Remington LVSF

Re: Kimber Pro Varmint

Post by Vartarg »

I bought a Ruger HB target about four years ago, not long after the .204s came out, and I'm extremely pleased with it. I just finished adjusting the trigger, a two stage, with the second pull at a very crisp 1.5 lbs. It has a Burris Signature 6X24 on it, and has about 1500 rounds through it. I'd give it an A+......
PEACE-Through Superior Firepower
Marty Oz
.204 Ruger Guns: Kimber Pro Varmint

Post by Marty Oz »

G'Day Glenn
I own a Kimber Pro Varmint that I bought 4 days before Christmas. I've so far put 60 rounds through it and could not be happier.
It is indeed a beautifully well made rifle.
I don't know how much they are over in the states but here in Australia they are worth around the $2000.00 mark and worth every cent in my opinion.

Regards

Marty.
KIM204
.204 Ruger Guns: kimber pro varmint 204 ruger

Post by KIM204 »

Glenngtr, AS you can tell by my handle I shoot a 204 pro Varmint. I would'nt shoot any thing but it. I've taken coyotes out to 420yds. That was free handed with 32grs BK's. KILLED him dead. So I'm sold on them. :D
Kiwishooter
.204 Ruger Guns: Kimber Pro Varmint .204 & Bushnell Elite 4200 4-16 x 40

Post by Kiwishooter »

Glenngtr

Hi, I also own a Kimber Pro Varmint. It cost me $2,195.00 NZ plus a bushnell Elite 4200 4-16 at $500.00 NZ.

I am absolutely thrilled with mine. I can drive the 39gr Sierra Blitzkings at an average for 5 shots of 3873fps out of its 22 inch barrel, with accuracy between 1/4 & 1/2 an inch for 5 shots. It has the smoothest crispest trigger on any factory rifle i've owned

Its light to carry around on extended hunts and the barrel cleans up after 4 patches.

It is a dream rifle to shoot and one of the nicest looking rigs around. If you have the chance to buy one, I say go for it. The only modification I made was to lighten off the trigger, and that was easy.

Regards,

Michael.