CZ 204

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
hotbarrels
.204 Ruger Guns: none

CZ 204

Post by hotbarrels »

New member reporting in from New Zealand - greetings all.

I have been looking into purchasing a .204 and have almost settled on a CZ 527 Varmint. My last experience with the mini mauser was 20 years ago with the then Bruno Fox in .222. Back in those days the rifle had a non adjustable double set trigger which had a 12lb pull on the first trigger!

I have looked at a couple of examples of the 527 in the local shops, and one observation is that they all seem to have a different trigger feel - some are very nice, while others have a large amount of creep and feel very rough.

My question is, how adjustable are the factory triggers? Is it possible to get a trigger that lets off like a 'glass rod breaking'?

Also, can anyone point me to a link that shows the comparison between the trajectories of the 204 against the 223?

Thanks
WrzWaldo
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR-100 / Savage-Douglas-Richards

Re: CZ 204

Post by WrzWaldo »

Red is the 223 and black is the 204. Both shooting 40 grain V-Max.

cracker

Post by cracker »

the triggers are very user friendly and easy to adjust. yes they will break like a glass rod.
Sportingly
Cracker
Sportingly
cracker
walleyeman
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 American

Post by walleyeman »

I was in the same situation as you when I was looking for a .204. All I can say is that I sure do not regret getting the CZ. It is very accurate out of the box, feels right to me and the trigger with the set feature is very nice when the opportunity arises. Mine is the CZ 527 American model and will shoot under an inch all day (refer to the latest postal shoot results) and since I purchased it to be a hunting (coyote,fox and beaver) rifle it will suit me fine.

walleyeman