Coyote God's Forum

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
Odawgpw/204
.204 Ruger Guns: Encore w/ 26" stainless BB & SII 3.5x10x42

Coyote God's Forum

Post by Odawgpw/204 »

Anyone here post or read posts over there?

I posted a hunting story from this last weekend and got ripped a few time's.

I guess they think you have to hunt coyotes with 17's and don't you dare shoot one while hunting big game or while hauling a 300 win mag.

They didn't take to kindly to the story :huh:

http://www.coyotegods.com/ubb/showflat. ... ost1889109
Encore w/ 26" SS BB Simmons Whitetail Classic 6.5x20x50AO
CV32

Re: Coyote God's Forum

Post by CV32 »

Odawgpw/204 wrote:I guess they think you have to hunt coyotes with 17's ...
Yep, that's pretty much the rule over there. You figured it out straight away. ;)
The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving. - Ulysses S. Grant (1822-85)
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

I left that holier than thou place a long time ago & won't go back any time soon. Unless I have a picture of a ripped open coyote to post!! :lol: :lol:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
WHISTLEPIG

Post by WHISTLEPIG »

I read over there for a while. Don't sound very friendly and are stuck in their own way of doing things. I never cared that much for fleas nor needed money that bad. Where I grew up we shot dogs because they killed stock. I will try to shoot any coyote I get a chance at in a legal situation. I don't mind if someone comes along and wants to skin it.
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

I guess John Henry has never changed his spots :D I USED to read over there quite a bit, but posted rarely, if at all. When I'd go back, I'd find my post deleted, so I just quit going over. They do things their own way, and heaven help you, if your way is different. "Insufferable" might be a word to describe them. They can have it, and are welcome to it, the Internet is plenty big enough to find other places to hang out. This place, for example :wink: :wink: :wink:
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Same here, those guys are all "pin-hole in the hide only" guys, and no exit. Like WP, I shoot every coyote I encounter in the outback, and leave them for other dogs and the buzzards, magpies and bears.

Skinning a coyote is about the most disgusting, smelly endeavor a guy can imagine, and I don't need the bucks that bad!

If you're ONLY into .17's, and shoot dogs for money/hides, they'll accept you. But personally, I have other calibers besides my .17's! ......like my 204!! Imagine THAT! :lol:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Verminator2
.204 Ruger Guns: DPMS 24" stainless fluted.

Post by Verminator2 »

I won't even start on them, besides that I don't like 'em. I am skinning coyotes just for a hobby and for fun as I do not have a job (school). When you're young things are alot more interesting to you :lol:
Bomb Squad: If you see me running, try and keep up
skb2706

Post by skb2706 »

Read there...never posted there. You have to really step yourself up to the plate to refer to yourself and your friends as "gods". Not even close..........

I have had people .....real ranch people who actually own and raise cattle read some of their drivel and it always makes them laugh. Who are these guys, obviously they have no stake in cattle or livestock.
TC Contender Carbine
23" MGM Shilen SS barrel
Weaver KT15

TC Contender G2 Carbine
23" factory CM barrel
Mueller 4.5 x 14 Eradicator
Odawgpw/204

Post by Odawgpw/204 »

I have made amens, No reason to leave on bad terms, I don't think I will be posting over there much in the future.
I try too shoot every coyote I see when ever I see it, FUR season or not. I will skin the one's worthy and leave the rest.
Last edited by Odawgpw/204 on Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skb2706

Post by skb2706 »

Od - you live in CO, if you hunt here then they are always in season

check the regs...read chapters 3, 5 and 10

http://wildlife.state.co.us/RulesRegs/Regulations/

What the heck is 'making amens' mean. Its the internet...you afraid these guys won't invite you over for dinner or somethin.
TC Contender Carbine
23" MGM Shilen SS barrel
Weaver KT15

TC Contender G2 Carbine
23" factory CM barrel
Bayou City Boy

Post by Bayou City Boy »

I enjoy reading over there as I am a long-time 17 caliber fan. I've never posted as I know some of my ideas are not theirs, but they pretty plainly tell you up front in the "Read This First" section what is expected of folks on their forum. If you still plod on with live grenades in both hands, its only fair to expect a loud boom at some point. :wink:

I can live with their view of things and have found some of it to be useful. The rest I just leave laying, but I don't condemn them for having their ideas. As for the Internet in total, I don't plan/expect to be nor do I care if I'm not invited to dinner.... :lol:

-BCB
Odawgpw/204

Post by Odawgpw/204 »

skb2706 wrote:Od - you live in CO, if you hunt here then they are always in season

check the regs...read chapters 3, 5 and 10

http://wildlife.state.co.us/RulesRegs/Regulations/

What the heck is 'making amens' mean. Its the internet...you afraid these guys won't invite you over for dinner or somethin.
I know they are always in season, I don't call them in the summer but if i see one i try damm hard to whack it. I have found there is alot of money in the fur selling avg $45-$50per. And if luck can be a Bobcat in there they going for on avg 375 up to 500 for a nice colored one. It at least enough to finance the hunting trips which ussually aren't more than about 20 miles in any direction. But When I hual in a 1k check from the fur buyer guy at the end of the season, it goes a long way in keeping wife happy and my gun safe full.

There where some harse words exchanged via IM. Yes, it is the internet but that doesn't mean we can't all get along.

most of the time anyany.
skb2706

Post by skb2706 »

Last time I made amens my ex-wife made a fortune (there were some harsh words exchanged there I'll guarantee it).

Regardless, I have been to the site, just often enough it dumps my password everytime. I read John Henrys terms and with my usual grain of salt I took it. No doubt there is much to learn there but its like going to someone elses church, you recognize the place but the people and beliefs are all different.

I have many friends and family with cattle and they/I don't share the same views when it comes to when and how coyotes are taken.

As far as being 'gods' again i will say "not even close".
TC Contender Carbine
23" MGM Shilen SS barrel
Weaver KT15

TC Contender G2 Carbine
23" factory CM barrel
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Post by skipper »

I'm very pleased to have been invited to hunt with several members here. One even invited me to fly out for a hunt and a dinner. It just goes to show you can make friends, good friends, even over the internet. Never turn down a chance to make a friend. Friends are what make life worth living.
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
Bayou City Boy

Post by Bayou City Boy »

skipper wrote:I'm very pleased to have been invited to hunt with several members here. One even invited me to fly out for a hunt and a dinner. It just goes to show you can make friends, good friends, even over the internet. Never turn down a chance to make a friend. Friends are what make life worth living.
skipper:

I've been very pleased to have met with several folks on numerous occasions and to have actually hunted with one person that I have met on the Internet. They've lived as close as Houston and as far away as the east coast and several northern states.

But....as I stated, I usually don't plan to be invited and it certainly doesn't bother me if someone doesn't invite me because they don't have the same ideas I have. Life would be pretty bland and not "worth living" if we were all expected to drive white trucks...or if we all thought we were gods...

From one Houston resident to another....

-BCB