32 grain versus 39 grain for coyote?

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
Billinsd

32 grain versus 39 grain for coyote?

Post by Billinsd »

I like the 32s, how they shoot out of my gun and the velocity. The Winchester ballistic silvertips. Would they be OK for coyotes?

Thanks
Bill
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

A Friend of mine on another board has been shooting coyotes with a CZ American in 204 with the 32gr V-Max for 3 years now. He has had very good luck with no runners. He limits his shots to under 200yds also. HTH
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
Lyn

Post by Lyn »

It depends on wether or not you want to keep the hide. I used the 32gr and the 40gr v-max on coyotes. Both dropped em dead but left big holes in the hide. Going with the 35gr berger this year.
skinner

Post by skinner »

I have been using the 32 grain V-Max for 2 years now, with no problems in that 2 years 45 yotes and 20 foxes. none lost.
happy hunting
craigyboy

Post by craigyboy »

I have used both on foxes and have to say I much prefer the 32g vmax over the 39 or 40 ballistic tips. The 32g almost never exit and turn the inside of the fox into a complete mess, I havent actually had much problems with bad surface wounding, the bullet seems to get in there and do its job well. I have shot a brave few with the 39 blitzking and they almost always exit the animal and I have found them to do far less internal damage, still kill them well just dont seem to be as efficent. Obviously foxes are smaller than coyotes but I am sure in terms of killing them there isnt that much difference.
Drew Jaeger
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VSSF II

Post by Drew Jaeger »

To date, I've only used the 39gr BK - very destructive on fox scones and decapitates bunnies inside 200m. I'm yet to deck a wild dog.
Cheers

Drew

"Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."