Pike County, Ill fires first shot at state legislature

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
LeeC

Pike County, Ill fires first shot at state legislature

Post by LeeC »

On April 25, Pike County Board citing the 2nd Amendment passed a resolution saying no to any state legislation limiting the right to keep and bear arms would be recognized in Pike County. Ref: theoutdoorwire.com article appears in the 26 Apr edition, also a follow-up in today's issue. Another ref is an article in the Pittsfield Herald-Whig by staff writer Deborah Gertz-Husar. Time to reload.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Excellent! It's too bad that local counties must make laws to protect our 2nd Amendment rights, when the founding fathers put it into our Constitution for all U.S. citizen to ensure we HAD this right.

With the possible pending doom (for us) of having some fool Democrat in office, and controlling both Houses, we could be in for a rough ride after the next election. THIS is THE election to vote in, for sure!

Don't let anyone you know be complacent this time, make them get off their duffs and VOTE!
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

If Illinois could throw Chicago out of the state, that would go a long way into cleaning up their politics, and Pike County wouldn't have to pass such resolutions. I like that part of Illinois, nice people, lots of deer and turkeys, and it's only about 120 miles east of home ground in Missouri.
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
LeeC

Post by LeeC »

We tried. Wisconsin nor Canada would take 'em.
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Kicking cities out of a state is a great idea! :D If we in Oregon could give Portland the boot our state would go from blue to red. Let's start a national movement to remove problem areas from our midst :lol: Gary
RacefacE

Post by RacefacE »

i wish i could kick san francisco out of california...but mother nature is doin that for me! thanks san andreas fault
Rugerdogdog
.204 Ruger Guns: DPMS Panther Arms LR-204

Post by Rugerdogdog »

Anyone care to take Salt Lake City and our "Fruit Cake-1st class" Mayor?
DPMS Panther Arms LR-204 24" Stainless Fluted Heavy Barrel

There is a place for all of Gods creatures...RIGHT NEXT TO THE POTATOES AND GRAVY.