Finished Stock Pic !!!

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
contender hunter
.204 Ruger Guns: Thompson Contender 23'' Bull BBL. Custom laminate Stock

Finished Stock Pic !!!

Post by contender hunter »

Man its great when you finally get a big project finished !!! Looked up the date when I purchased this stock and it was 1 1/2 years ago , had to open up the bbl. channel for the bull bbl. and inlet for the Bullberry hanger bar , install recoil pad and finish some contours and put on the finish , Worked on it off and on and with trying to get my shop up to 72 degrees for spraying the finish it took alot of time. Now just to get it in the middle of a p-dog town !!!! :D :D

acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Post by acloco »

Three letters...... W-O-W!
MrPillow

Post by MrPillow »

Absolutely stunning.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

CH: Sweet is the first word that comes to mind. Nice job there, bud.

When a project like that takes so much time, the end result is like taking a big breath of fresh air. Let us know how she shoots now that she's finished.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

That is the best looking Contender I have ever seen. I'm normally not a fan of them, too much like work for me, but that one looks GOOD!
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
contender hunter

Thanks alot guys , it is nice to get a big job done !! And it is a shooter !!Thanks to all of you guys and your help , Rick got me onto primer pocket uniforming and reaming the inside of the pocket and all you guys were in on my load development, which I already did with another stock as I couldn't wait to complete this stock to shoot this new cal., Here's my best group , 39 gr. sierra with 24.5 grs. , Rel. 10 X , Rem 7 1/2 primers , COAL. 2.425 (PER Skipper) which puts it at .027 off the lands . Group Measures .350 . Thanks again for all the info.

Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Ohh- Rah!!! She really IS a shooter!

Way to go CH, it doesn't get much better than that! :w00t:

Congrats on a job well done.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

contender hunter

Thanks Rick , and thanks for all the reloading tips !!! Keep them coming , always learning !!
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Post by skipper »

contender hunter

You did GOOD! That is one fine looking and shooting rifle, my friend. I hope my stock comes out that well. Maybe I can send it to you to finish.

I'm glad your efforts have paid off and I'm sure you are proud of that rifle and all your hard work.
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
contender hunter

Thanks Skipper , I was wondering where you are with your project ?? Do you have all the componets now and working on the stock??
skipper

Post by skipper »

Everything is in Roanoake, Texas with Mr. Speedy Gonzales. I expect to get the finished rifle back early next month. I asked him to make me a chamber length gauge out of the cut off portion of the barrel with the same reamer. This project has taken almost a whole year to complete now and I can hardly wait to get my hands on the rifle. I want to drive up to Roanoke to pick it up from Speedy's shop personally. Maybe he will have some wisdom to pass along with the rifle. Maybe he has a range where we can go break it in. Who knows???

He told me that I made all the right choices with the components. I asked him to put his SG&Y logo on the rifle so I could brag later. :lol: I'll have to admit that I'm a little intimidated with the thought of owning a rifle that has such potential. I hope both my reloading and shooting skills are up to the task. I'm really excited to see what the .204 Ruger can really do given the right components. Thanks, to every one who has given me encouragement along the way. Your support has been greatly appreciated.
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Skip: Don't worry bud, you're up to the rifle's potential. You're gonna be one happy hombre once that first target is taken down from the backstop, I promise.

Something tells me there's going to be alot of very unhappy rodents in the near future! :lol:

Rock 'n roll.....life is good with a brand new custom rifle from a top maker!
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

contender hunter

Skipper , can't wait to see what it will do !! the super accuracy is all ready built into the rifle , all you have to do is see what recipe it likes the best !! I'm sure it will be a fun challenge for you !!! Good loading !! and let us know whats happening .

Did you pick one bullet in particular to start out with or are you going to load up a couple different ones ??
skipper

Post by skipper »

I think I will try the 40 gr. Bergers to start with. Then the 39 gr. Sierra BK's. Both of these bullets shoot so well out of my XR-100.

On Speedy's advice I sent the reamer back to Dave Kiff and had the freebore taken down to zero. After I find the right powder I will be loading with the bullets just off the lands and then progressively jammed into them. I won't have any trouble with neck tension because there will still be pleanty of bullet seated even jammed into the lands. This will be very different from the way I load my XR-100.
Hawkeye Joe

Post by Hawkeye Joe »

Contender Hunter
SWEET RIFLE!!

Skipper
Be sure to post a pic with target ASAP 8) .The only thing that scares me about a custom rifle like yours is that it will probably shoot better without me behind it :eek:.I suggest you lay off the coffee a week before it arrives :!: :P
Hawkeye Joe (Mike)
Savage model 10 Predator, 3-9 Nikon Omega
07 LRPV, 35X45 Leupold Competition