Weatherby .204s.....?

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
MrPillow

Weatherby .204s.....?

Post by MrPillow »

Have no idea if these chamberings are new, I've never seen them before. Sorry if this is old news, feel free to delete.

http://weatherby.com/products/guns.asp? ... VSR204RG2O

http://weatherby.com/products/guns.asp? ... VBR204RG2O
Rugerdogdog
.204 Ruger Guns: DPMS Panther Arms LR-204

Post by Rugerdogdog »

Its new to me but then Im not as well read/up to date as a lot of folks here. It is interesting though. Ive often wondered about the Vanguard for accuracy. How good can a Weatherby be if you buy it at Walmart!?!?! LOL The 1.5" guarantee does not impress me. However, my brother has a Weatherby Alaskan in .257 Weatherby Mag that is an amazing shooter. 1/2in groups with any factory bullet right out of the box. I guess thats what you get for $40/ box.
DPMS Panther Arms LR-204 24" Stainless Fluted Heavy Barrel

There is a place for all of Gods creatures...RIGHT NEXT TO THE POTATOES AND GRAVY.
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

The Vanguard is basically a Howa 1500 with some cosmetic differences, like a fluted bolt and different bolt shroud. They are fine rifles, no matter where you buy them. I have a Howa .223 that will hang with most anything, including stuff a lot pricier than it is. Aside from a trigger that can be a headache to adjust, they are excellent. The barrel on my .223 fouls very little, I've used it hard on three PD shoots and yet it'll clean up completely in 30 minutes or less. I like it so much it will get a new tube when the old one is worn out, IF I can decide on the chambering. A VarTarg is looking pretty good, but so is another .223 pipe.
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
jackfoster

walmart

Post by jackfoster »

i love weatherby. but just to add to the wallmart statement . wallmart sells about every gun there is except hand guns they keep a book.that you can order from . i have found alot better deals on there guns just have to wait to get them. i like to leave with the gun when i buy it.but they stock weatherby cause its the most wanted in your area. in mine the got it full of rem 710 or win and ruger target greys but maby one or two weatherbys .i have a weatherby made by Roy himself and i had a 300weatherby from walmart before synth stocks came out it shot under 1 inch. cant nock weatherby. i wish they would start making them in usa probably would change everthing.for the good.
Rugerdogdog
.204 Ruger Guns: DPMS Panther Arms LR-204

Post by Rugerdogdog »

Ya I agree Jack,you cant beat a real Weatherby, I wish I could afford 1. When I'm in huntin camp noboby ever asks to check out my Ruger but people always ask about my brothers Alaskan, "Cool. Can I see it?" I just poke fun at Walmart because I'm just old enough to remember a world without them. It just doesnt SEEM right, buying a gun from Wally World. I would buy there if they had something I liked/needed.
DPMS Panther Arms LR-204 24" Stainless Fluted Heavy Barrel

There is a place for all of Gods creatures...RIGHT NEXT TO THE POTATOES AND GRAVY.