my first .204, T/C Venture and this forum

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
savgebolt
.204 Ruger Guns: T/C Venture , model 12 savage

my first .204, T/C Venture and this forum

Post by savgebolt »

At age 62 i re-entered the rifle shooting world about a year and half ago with a Savage .17hmr ,,,, the new experience quickly lead to the desire to have a centerfire rifle,,,,after months of reading and research decided i had to have a .204 ruger so when i read that the T/C Venture had a 1 - 10" twist and they were offereing a rebate i had to have it ,,,after getting it out to the range im very happy with the gun and the .204 round , and to my joy since im not a reloader it digests the 40gr factory loads from Hornady and Remington , one group measuring under 1/2" , didnt think i could that good :D,,,finaly to all the positive contributors to this forum,, thank you, it is absolutely one of the best resources on
the web and an incredible group of people
Thank You , Steve J
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Re: my first .204, T/C Venture and this forum

Post by Bill K »

Glad you returned to the fold. I have you by about 15 years, so enjoy those small calibers. You will delight with the 204 R. And Welcome to the group. Bill K
rhomc
.204 Ruger Guns: T/C Venture Predator

Re: my first .204, T/C Venture and this forum

Post by rhomc »

Just bought a TC venture predator myself. Topped it with a Leopold scope. Gun shoots awesome, and accurate. Its also a fun gun to shoot. I also had a .17 hmr and really liked the caliber but it was boring for me to shoot.