Ring height question

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
53eldorado
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger American Predator

Ring height question

Post by 53eldorado »

Finally got a .204 Ruger and I am putting together all the rest of the items I need. I was hoping that I could get one in the Ruger American when they first came out but no luck. I was really glad to hear that they were bringing out the Predator. Since I'm somewhat of a Ruger nut I ordered one as soon as they were available. It's here, scope is ordered and now I'm trying to decide on rings. I'm hoping someone is ahead of me on this so I don't have to get the wrong rings.

I'm looking at the Burris Signature rings for a 1 inch scope with a 44mm objective lens and I'm guessing I need the med or high rings but I'm not sure which and I don't have the scope in my hands yet. Does anyone know for sure which ones I need? I'd like to keep the scope as low as possible but you already know that.

I can wait till it gets here but...it's really hard. :) Thanks,
WI3Der
.204 Ruger Guns: cz 527

Re: Ring height question

Post by WI3Der »

I use Burris Signature rings almost exclusively and typically get by with mediums on everything but 50mm scopes with AO. Not familiar with the Ruger American rifles but I would go with medium signatures, even with the heavier barrel.
Gleedaniel13
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by Gleedaniel13 »

I use Burris Signature rings almost exclusively and typically get by with mediums on everything but 50mm scopes with AO. Not familiar with the Ruger American rifles but I would go with medium signatures, even with the heavier barrel.
Same here, I am using that Burris signature too. That could be very nice to use as it is of high quality.
toasty
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 16

Post by toasty »

Just put a 44mm scope using burris signature rings. Medium was the right height. Here is a link to the page with dimensions. 50mm and above get high, everything less than 50mm gets med. If you really need to know, 60mm objectives get extra high, don't ask me how I know.

http://burrisoptics.com/sigrings.html