Turret setting up the poo!!

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
geoff23
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger hb target vt1

Turret setting up the poo!!

Post by geoff23 »

Hopefully someone can help me out with my turret settings, as I,m A bit confused!
My Ruger v/t is zeroed in for bang on at 100 yards and shes doing 4000fps. Now using the ballistic calculator I set my turret for .6 for a 200yard hit (just over 2 clicks). With this setting I was hitting almost 2inch's low at 200 yards. To obtain dead on hits at 200 I had to come up 1.8 on the turret ( see were I have moved the 200 tag on the turret. it was at .6)
Loads have been verified for velocity etc. After new setting had been made I had no problem make head shots at 200, Made for fanatic day of shooting. Here,s a extra pic of were I was set up. If that,s okImageImage
geoff23

Re: Turret setting up the poo!!

Post by geoff23 »

Any idea,s why I could be out so much!. scope is 1.5 above bore. thanks
bazz
.204 Ruger Guns: tikka

Post by bazz »

i have a Bushnell elite tactical scope on my 204 and a bushnell arc range finder and all i do is range the target read the moa and adjust the turret and it allways spot on the only thing i can think of is you turret is not in moa , just checked my range finder and .6 is right for 100 yard zero .on my scope thats 2 clicks up, you might have to range different yards and and adjust your scope so its hitting spot on at that range and takes notes cheers bazz
geoff23

Post by geoff23 »

Thanks bazz for the reply! I have the same Bushnell rangefineder arc. on mine, at the bottom I have a number on the left a arrow in the middle and then another number on the right. When I range 200yard on the right it says 2IN and the left says -1 . Is this the same as yours?. The mode setting is on h. My scope is a leupold 6.5-20-40 with the range style turret, I still have the standard tall turrets as well, I sure there all 1/4 clicks adjustments
bazz
.204 Ruger Guns: tikka

Post by bazz »

what projectiles are you useing my range finder is a legend 1200 arc and is set on M O A not inches of bullet drop .with mine the first number that flashes is angle then moa comes up been going to do a video on how easy it is to use must get around to do it my longest kill is now 507 y on a fox hope this helps some, some one more knowledgeable my chime in cheers bazz