Look What I Got

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
Dalgo
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger #1 in .204 Ruger

Re: Look What I Got

Post by Dalgo »

It's not ready yet! I spoke to the gunsmith Friday, and he said he would have it ready by this coming Wednesday. Oh well, just have to wait. I'll have to shoot other guns this weekend, I guess. Thanks for asking Hornet. I'll let you know. I hope I'll be shooting it by next weekend. I'm dying to try it myself. Somebody mentioned that I should put a Mould hammer and Wolf spring kit in it, that it would make for a quicker and lighter firing, and virtually no recoil from the mechanism. Looked at a couple of popular supply houses but it appears they have discontinued carrying them. Wonder if it is still being manufactured? Have to keep looking. Any experience with them? Cheers,

Pierre
22 HORNET
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by 22 HORNET »

well let me know how it does when you shoot it.
22 HORNET

Post by 22 HORNET »

work on the forearm and found out where to put the front rest under the forearm and it shoots a lot better. nolser brass, 39 gr. bk , 30 gr blc-2 and 2.36 oal
Dalgo

Post by Dalgo »

Hornet, I took my new baby out for a run Sunday, after a looong separation. The trigger really appears nice. It's crisp, and much lighter, but I don't have a gauge to check the exact weight of pull. Have to make a note to go buy one. My shooting was a bit disappointing. I would group 3 or 4 pretty tightly, then I would get a flyer or two. I'm pretty sure it was me, because I could sometimes see the scope pull slightly bit off target as I squeezed the trigger. But not always. Maybe the hammer/spring is a bit heavy. I do have a bit of a parallax problem w/the tiny red dots at 100 yds. That could be an issue. Could it be the ammo? Maybe. Anyway, I was not shooting the Hornady 40gr. bullets that I started with. Going to buy some more of them, and try different target bulls and see if I can get some improvement. If not, then maybe have to do further analysis to find out what I'm doing wrong, or what ails my baby. It's still within "minute of woodchuck." But I know I can do much better than 1 1/2 MOA. Definitely is asking for a higher magnification scope. Oh, the ammo I shot were Hornady 32gr and Federal Vmax 39gr. Really need to start reloading for this beauty. Cheers,

Pierre
22 HORNET

Post by 22 HORNET »

Dalgo, got my gun shooting good. I had to work on the forearm. what about you gun hows it shoot with the trigger job. HORNET
Joe O
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage LRPV,Ruger K1V,G2 Contender

Post by Joe O »

hemiallen wrote:Nice ruger.

Rick, who did your custom #3, I have a #3 with an aftermarket #1 style stock in 45-70 and have it on the back burner for converting to a small vermin rig. Least I have found is $700 to convert to a small headsize extractor with new barrel.

Allen
Hart will rebarrel your #3 for $680.Extra todrill the holes for scope blocks. http://www.hartbarrels.com/rebarrelingprices.php

Joe O
Dalgo

Post by Dalgo »

Hornet, I put a small engine gasket cork pad between the barrel and forearm, and after a few shots, the screw loosens a little, and groups start climbing. Will try innertube rubber next. The trigger is better, but not there yet. I am going to install a Kepplinger trigger and a Mould hammer with Wolf spring. That should do the trick. Next will be upping the scope power, and of course, reloading for it. So, although there is a slight improvement, it's not enough. I know I can shoot better than my groups show. It's little details. Cheers,

Pierre
22 HORNET

Post by 22 HORNET »

on my forearm i used scotch permanet mounting tape 1/2 wide about 6" long between the barrel and forearm it works good and stays in place for me. let me know how the new trigger works when you get it. HORNET
22 HORNET

Post by 22 HORNET »

Dalgo, you get your scope for your #1 yet. How does it shoot. HORNET
22 HORNET

Post by 22 HORNET »

whats wrong with the board have not been able to get on for a week. how can I fix it. who would I call
Bodei
.204 Ruger Guns: Howa Mod 1500 24" BBL .204R; Cooper M21 20 VT; CZ 527 17HH

Post by Bodei »

It must be you ISP cause i have the same issues. AT&T right?
K = ½mv2
22 HORNET

Post by 22 HORNET »

yes at&t ISP wish i knew who to call.
22 HORNET

Post by 22 HORNET »

Having trouble getting on the web site again any one else having trouble. HORNET
Chief101
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12V, Ruger #1V

Post by Chief101 »

I hope this pic comes thru. If not I need help. Here is my #1 204, not a custom barrel just a #1 takeoff that came my way. 200yd group on first sight in at that range is under 1". Hope it gets better with some load work...the original caliber was 300WM, spent too many years in Elk camp. The new conversion should spend ample time in its duties as well. #1 fan here

looks like I need some help posting pics..Help!
Last edited by Chief101 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
No man's life, liberty, or

property is safe while the

legislature is in session.

-- Mark Twain (1866)
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Chief101 wrote:looks like I need some help posting pics..Help!
Chief....use the "IMG Code" for your pic on Photobucket or whatever photo site you use, just copy/paste that, and the pic will appear here. (I'm a No.1 fan too. :D )
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails