Help...204 issues

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
tonyb

Re: Help...204 issues

Post by tonyb »

Hi Dan, I understand what you are saying and yes.... i have done everything....let it cool down...let it heat up......or keep at the same temp......One thing i have noticed with my particular rifle is no matter where the POI is , you can just keep on shooting without the groups getting much worse with heat....strange eh , The rifle actually groups ok no matter what...its just the POI that moves , and that comment would suggest loose scope mounts or bedding problem , wouldnt it ? But we wont go there cause i know all that stuff is good .. BTW Dan , i tried to reply to your pm but something in my browser wouldnt let me .

Cheers , Tony.
Sth Oz Dan
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 Hawkeye

Post by Sth Oz Dan »

No worries Tony
I realise you probably already tried that, but had to say just in case coz mine started throwing them high and right when warmer. I probably should've mentioned that instead of just saying the groups got wider.

Re PM - I've noticed when I try to post on a thread, sometimes it won't, then I realise there's a new post there so someone posted while I did. Tried again and it worked. Maybe it's a similar issue? Hopefully one of the moderators can help you out there.
No big rush anyway. Just researching well ahead before I get my next toy, and the minister for war and finance doesn't think I even need 1 gun :lol:
tonyb

Post by tonyb »

G`day , Today i ordered a new Sako 85 in 22-250 along with a Leupold 6.5-20x56 VX3L , nothing like a new toy eh , going to keep the 204 and pesist with it, hopefully i will sort it out , will post some pics of the Sako if you`s are interested when i get it ,all beit a 22-250 , the reason i went for that calibre is simple , they are a true varmit round , proven over a lot of years, easy to load , a bit too noisy , not much recoil and i have a heap of brass and dies for them , so thats the latest folks ................cheers Tony.
Sth Oz Dan
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 Hawkeye

Post by Sth Oz Dan »

I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with the Sako Tony. My dad shot roos for human consumption years back and did it all with his Sako 22-250 - don't know what model, but he swears by it as a straight shooter