Tell us about yourself...

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
bythebook
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 77VT and TC Oncore also have access to Savage

Re: Tell us about yourself...

Post by bythebook »

Hello I have been reading the forum for awhile and decided to join. I don't post too much unless I can help some one with my personnel experence. I have just retired with 27 years in law enforcement and am planning on using my bass boat that hasn't been out of the garage in 3 yrs. Also I have been reloading since 1966 and now have 8 presses set up, I started with a Lee hand set. I enjoy Sporting Clays,squirrel,and groundhog hunting. I like to hunt deer but not as much as I did years ago. I really like to shoot target and have a 160 range in back of my house and if I want shoot farther my neighbor has a range where we can shoot to about 440 yds. Right now I have 2 204s a Ruger 77VT and a 26 inch barrel for my TC Oncore. Sorry I can't post any pictures now as my camera is broken. My best 100 yd 5 shot group with the 77 so far is .168 center to center.
iKonic Status
.204 Ruger Guns: none...yet

Post by iKonic Status »

Hi everyone,

I'm Konrad and i've been shooting since I was about 13. My family and I have always had an interest with shooting sports, the military, military history etc so for me to get into shooting was a natural progresson.

I started hunting with my father shortly after receiving my first Air Rifle for my 13th birthday, what a day to remember...unpacking your very own gun... :lol:. We would hunt squirrel, pigeon, crow, rabbit, hare etc, and despite not always being successful, the day spent with my dad was definately worth it!!

After finishing University I started working as an Information Architect for a web design agency, this allowed me to pay off some of my Uni debts, bastard government :wall: :pistols: , and spend some money on my much loved sport and interest. I've recently purchased a Howa 1500 in .308win, Savage model 12 Varmint Low Profile in .223rem and a Ruger 77/22 in .22LR. Sweet :shotgun: :jive:

As i'm in the UK, the number of decent shooting grounds here are quite limited, again bloody government :wall: , but i'm lucky to have a few close by :D . I mostly do target shooting with Mil Spec ammo but definately intend on reloading for better accuracy and consistancy. I also intend on getting into hunting again, fox with the .223rem and deer with the .308win. Decent land to shoot on here in the UK is becoming either smaller or more expensive so we'll have to see.

Anyway, this post has been long enough and i'm sure you're all bored now so i'll leave you in peace...

All the best .204um ;)

Regards

Konrad
Ruger 77/22 .22lr

Savage 12 VLP .223rem

Howa/Hogue 1500 Varmint HB .308win
homefront
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527

Post by homefront »

.204um... very creative!

My name is Charley and I'm a resident of Pennsylvania. I've been a duck hunter since age 14, and a legal duck, goose and pheasant hunter since age 18. For over 20 years I've hunted birds over Chesapeake Bay Retrievers. I build my own boats, and I love to fish in salt and fresh water. I cast my own bullets for .38/.357, .41 mag., .44 mag., .30-30 and .38-55, and (obviously) reload for all.
Small bore target shooting sounded like a lot of fun, so I recently picked up a CZ 527 in .204, and can't wait to gather up my components to start loading. My buddy is trying to talk me into coyote hunting with him next year, and I may just do it.
That's about it.
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Post by skipper »

Did someone say duck hunting???

Welcome aboard the 204um, homefront. You'll fit in just fine here.
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
homefront
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527

Post by homefront »

Did someone say, "Redheads!"?
That looks like a good day!
Thanks for the welcome :mrgreen:
Riverdog
.204 Ruger Guns: kimber 84m

Post by Riverdog »

Hey all
New to the forum. I live in SE Idaho and have been lurking in the shadows and picked up a lot of good info here. My current coyote setup is a .204 Kimber 84m topped with a Leupold 6.5x20. I shoot mostly 40 grain Bergers propelled with H4895. Seems to be a good match for this rifle and is very effective on coyotes. Other calibers I enjoy include .223, 25-06, 280 Rem, and 300 RUM. Soon to be enjoying a 280 Ackley once the Cooper boys get it built. I have been handloading for around 25 years and hunting everything from chukars to elk all my life. Look forward to visiting with you guys. Kraig
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Kraig, welcome aboard! Sounds like you've got some good equipment. Don't forget we love pictures around here! :D Gary
WrzWaldo
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR-100 / Savage-Douglas-Richards

Post by WrzWaldo »

Welcome aboard Riverdog! I'm making a trip down to Roy UT later this year, if I can squeeze it in the trip I may see about stopping by and saying howdy!

WW
WrzWaldo
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR-100 / Savage-Douglas-Richards

Post by WrzWaldo »

I figure it's about time I give some kind of intro.

Here I am this morning before a trip to the field.

YoteSmoker
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varminter

Post by YoteSmoker »

Hey aren't you the guy in the backyard that always had good advice for Tim "the tool man" Taylor?
MD601
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by MD601 »

Hi, My names Mark I'm from Scotland, I'm 42, been shooting most of my life, I'm ex Military and currently own 12g shotguns, .22LR, .17HMR and a .223 which I home reload for and the next thing on the shopping list is a .204.
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Welcome to the forum Mark.
It's great to have members from the other side of the pond with us.
Gary
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Welcome aboard Mark! Good to have you here. I'm 1/2 Scot myself (mom's side); my grandfather served with the Seaforth Highlanders during the war. I wear his uniform crest on my hunting hat to this day.

Let us know what 204 you end up with. We want pics when you get it. :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Song Dog
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 10, 12, & 16

Post by Song Dog »

Well, I finally made it :D
Glad to be here.

In Christ,

Song Dog
PREDATOR DYNAMICS (facebook)
Foxpro Western Dealer Rep.
God's Country Camouflage-Fieldstaff
"A man with an experience has volumes more than a man with a theory"
MD601
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by MD601 »

Rick in Oregon wrote:Welcome aboard Mark! Good to have you here. I'm 1/2 Scot myself (mom's side); my grandfather served with the Seaforth Highlanders during the war. I wear his uniform crest on my hunting hat to this day.

Let us know what 204 you end up with. We want pics when you get it. :D

Thanks for the welcomes, will do with the pictures.
My father served with the Seaforths in the late 50's early 60's as a boy soldier, the cap badge would be the stags head then.

Mark.