Looking back at 2011 (in pics)

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
ClaimJumper
.204 Ruger Guns: 3 custom .204's,22-250ai, 5-223, 6br Norma, Savage builds

Re: Looking back at 2011 (in pics)

Post by ClaimJumper »

futuretrades,
but this year I have added a 20VT to the arsenal
I know how you feel. Rick talked me into building one the first time I met him. The 20VT is an impressive round to say the least.

There is always room for more. Don't know if you live in Oregon but if you do I have some news you may not have heard. There is a section of the Fish and Game code in calif. That states, "You don't need any type of lisc. resident or nonresident, while on private ground shooting pests or Varmints". You only need written permission. I have "Reservations" with RIO in the spring if the weather finally treats us well. He is a local living legend here in Central Oregon, the real deal. I shoot California in Jan-March then Oregon in April-July. Then Colorado in the summer heat. But I find myself working to buy toys again so my plans this year are on hold. There is always room for more. I shoot the Almond Orchards in the Chico area when all else fails to produce. They gave us ammo last time. Right now today 1-10-2012 a friend who lives over in Lakeview wrote me and told me he has seen Skippy and his cousins, and uncles today! Cedarville is also a great place to shoot and nobody cares. Paisley is good also in feb and mar.

Retired Timber faller
Sidewinderwa
.204 Ruger Guns: Savages

Post by Sidewinderwa »

Nice pictures Rick. I do so enjoy giving skippy and his larger cousin flying lessons.

Here is a picture off the bench for skippy in Oregon.
Please, no Sidewinder today!
futuretrades
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 .204 Ruger Varmint, Bull Bbl, Lupy 6-18x40 custom

Post by futuretrades »

[quote="ClaimJumper"]Don't know if you live in Oregon but if you do I have some news you may not have heard.

Actually ClaimJumper I live just south of the Oregon border, in the town of Weed. In the early to late spring, it seems I spend more time, in the field where you took the picture, and quit a few of the surrounding fields. I did get the chance to shoot with RIO, Gary, and Dan, a couple years at the Rat Rodeo over in Alturas. I really enjoyed those times. I was even made an honorary member of the EORFS

I did not know about the law of which you are speaking, but once in a great while, Kalifornia gets it right, but not very often. Most of the Ranches just to the North, don't really like the CDF&G, so unless they call the local game warden, the game wardens leave us alone. I have never been checked or even seen a warden during rat shooting. Used to be, we had to have a hunting license, to shoot anything other than targets.
NRA Benefactor Life member
HOWA 1500 Varmint 204 Ruger, Bull Barrel, Hogue Overmold Stock, Leupold VXII 6-18x40mm AO LRV Custom Reticle Timney Trigger
Cooper Mdl 21 20VarTargW/Leupold VXIII, 6-20x40AO Varmint Hunter reticle.