Making your own custom 204 Come-Up Charts

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Robert: Charts taped to the stock, ammo box, rangefinder, etc., all work, but the most convenient and "in your face" arrangement is on the scope ocular flip-cover. When looking through your scope at the intended target, which is more within your pheripheral view, your ammo box or your flip-cap? This method allows for not dismounting the rifle, and losing your cheek weld on the stock, and barely takes your eyes off the target.

This method is not really my own, it was gleened from the military, specifically the Navy SEALS. Many different units use it now.

I suppose in the end, it's whatever your comfortable with and works for you. This is what has worked for a very long time for me. ;)
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Robert harrel
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger 77 m ll,cooper mod21, rem 700,savage12 fvb,savage lrpv

Post by Robert harrel »

rick both yours and silverfox are real good metheds but the flip covers are used mainly on my hunting rifles also would have to put on specs to read that close to eyes
If not for my forgetful nature remembering things would be no problem at all.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Rob: The primary purpose of the flip covers on my varmint rifles is to keep blowing dust in the field off the lens, and for when cleaning the rifle, so the aresol effect of the solvent coming off the brush does not hit the scope lens.

One reason also why I like the PatchMate for catching patches and that spray....but the dust in the field is a scope lens killer.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Robert harrel
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger 77 m ll,cooper mod21, rem 700,savage12 fvb,savage lrpv

Post by Robert harrel »

Rick you just flipped another light bulb on in my head. real good point dust was the main reason i use them on my hunting rifles.i had just been putting the scope cover back on when loading rifle in truck on the rest of them . but i have also had problems with dust and solvent when shooting at paper and p dogs now i think i might have to go size some scopes. this forum is great.
If not for my forgetful nature remembering things would be no problem at all.
TD-Max

Post by TD-Max »

Couple of novice questions:

1) How do we figured muzzle velocity versus chrono 10' from muzzle?

2) How do turret clicks compare to syd elevation dial clicks?

3) Why do some bullet mfrs simply state BC yet sierra varies theirs based on muzzle velocity?