Savage LRPV 204 Ruger

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
Treetrimmer
.204 Ruger Guns: Custom built 204 Ruger tight chamber 11 twist kreiger barrel

Re: Savage LRPV 204 Ruger

Post by Treetrimmer »

bdweis73 wrote:Tried different torque settings with stock on remmy sps, anything above 25 in lbs, would bind reciever enough could feel bolt dragging, but in process now of bedding it in thumbhole laminate, if it dosnt shoot then it may get rebarreled, I to thought it was copper fouling messing with accuracy, but have done a thurough cleaning an still no better than an inch. Bedding then maybe new trigger.
When you torque your stock screws and feel the bolt dragging, I think that your screw is too long and hitting the bolt . Try and take a thread or two off your back screw and see if this helps.
I think this might fix your groups. I hope this helps. :|
Just George
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12 LRPV6PNR

Post by Just George »

Have a Savage LRPV 204 Ruger on order, should be here friday. Also have one in 22/250 that is the best shooter I have ever owned.
Am really anxious to get it. Will put a Zeiss 6.5-20 on it and hope it shoots as well as my 22/250.

George
wirelessguy2005
.204 Ruger Guns: Custom 20 SCC, Savage LRPV 20 Nitro , Howa 1500 204 Ruger

Post by wirelessguy2005 »

George,

Glad to hear that you have any LRPV 204 on the way, they are exceptional rifles. I have to ask are you completely set on a Zies Scope? If not you should really take a look at the Clearidge or Hawke brands. They both build an excellent varmint scope with good glass and a price point that is very reasonable. We carry both brands and would be happy to quote you a price if you would be interested.

Brad
Custom Reloading Tools LLC
blkdog

Post by blkdog »

I just posted one on the swap meet. They shoot great, but I have another project in mind so I need to sell this.
Just George
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12 LRPV6PNR

Post by Just George »

I have or had the Zeiss, now mounted and made it to the range last week. This LRPV does shoot

as well as my 22/250 LRPV and I am really impressed. Shot four 5 shot groups, the largest being

5/8 of an inch at 100 yards. Just finished loading 200 new Hornady cases and hope to get to the

range tomorrow for some serious testing.

By the way thanks for the offer.

George