cz 527 shimming

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS

Re: cz 527 shimming

Post by Jim White »

Michael wrote:What is a box test? Are the leupold rings compatible with the bsa? New to this field so sorry if the questions seem dumb.
A box test is shooting the rifle in a square using the same aim point. This verifies the scope tracks and the amount of travel per click when turning the Wind/Elvation knobs. I had a similar experience on time and it worked fine @ 100 yds but @ 200 yds the problem showed up. Mine was a scope problem. I've never tried this myself but have heard of it; hold a mirror directly in front of the scope and look thru the eye piece like you normally would. The reticle position should be able to be observed inside the scope. You can try turning both knobs full travel and see if the track, if so you can rule out the scope.

Don't know about Leupold rings for the CZ but, Burris does make a ring that has plastic offsets that can be used to cure your problem if it the rinags and if it fits the CZ's. My CZ works well with the factory rings.

I like Mega's suggestion to take it apart and start all over. Sometimes when things are that far out of wack something went wrong during the assembley or there is a issue with one of the components.

HTH