Ear plugs

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
Fred_C_Dobbs
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12 Varminter Low Profile

Re: Ear plugs

Post by Fred_C_Dobbs »

I use DeGil DePlugs.

I bought some once at the local airport. After all the years of those crummy yellow open-cell foam things the army uses, I was shocked to find an earplug that actually worked. I bought a box of 100 pairs because that was that was the smallest batch I could find. Now I'm set for life for earplugs.
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Well, I've tried just about every type out there and I still switch around. I like the electronic ear plugs (note: low cost ones from Cabelas) but they are not good in windy conditions as they amplify the wind noise. My electronic muffs don't amplify the wind noise but are a pain to wear with hats, hoods, etc. The dense foam plugs are great at noise reduction but you can't hear conversations. If someone has the answer to this age old question without breaking the bank I'm all ears! (Pardon the pun) Gary
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

I use the earplugs Gary. What I do is keep the one out on the side Diane is on so we can still talk. But my situation is way different from yours. A good day of groundhoggin would be 6 shots. Nonetheless tho I thought I would throw that out as a FWIW. :wink:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Glen, six shots a day :eek: :huh: :wall: :duh: Ya just got to come out west some time and warm up that barrel a bit! :lol: Gary
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

On a good day Gary!! :lol: I would like to come out there & teach Skippy to jump sometime. That would be a lot of fun. Maybe someday.
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
Fred_C_Dobbs
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12 Varminter Low Profile

Post by Fred_C_Dobbs »

I should have noted that I think all close cell polyurethane ear plugs are pretty much identical. Most any drugstore will carry polyurethane earplugs, just check the label.

I wear earplugs when I shoot to protect me from the noise of my gun. I also wear cups when I shoot in a crowd to hold down on the flinching when the other guy fires.