Need a backup rifle.....any suggestions?

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
woodog

Re: Need a backup rifle.....any suggestions?

Post by woodog »

dannybracy wrote:What are the Howa triggers like?, need aftermarket triggers put in? How about it Howa guys....any info? THANKS!

-Dan
I have new Howa/Houges in .22-250 and .270 WSM. The triggers adjust easily, but the creep sucks. The .22-250 is in the shop now for a Timney trigger, barrel shortening and a muzzle brake. You could probably have the sear polished for the price of installing the Timney, but I have done that before and had mixed results. I haven't even looked that the stock trigger because I don't have the tools to do anything with it if I knew how.

I have two Savages with Accutrigger, two CZ Americans, the Howas and a Tikka Lite all with adjustable triggers and the Tikka, by far, has the best trigger of the bunch followed by the Savages then the CZs with the Howas way back there somewhere. They are all great shooters and the CZs and Tikka weigh just over 6 lb. Other than the triggers, the Howas are a good value as are all of them. If I had it to do over they would all be Tikkas.

SteveH
San Joaquin Sighthounds
Salukis, Whippets and Greyhounds

Home of the 2005/2006 #1 National Open Field Coursing Grehound - Cucuy