Have you noticed this too?

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Re: Have you noticed this too?

Post by glenn asher »

skipper, you haven't lived until you've para-sailed behind a pickup truck on a primitive flightstrip :D Right after I got to Ft. Bragg, one of my platoon mates dragged out a Para-Commander and asked me if I'd like to go para-sailing. Being young, dumb and full of XXXXX I agreed, and we went out to a flightstrip with his parachute and some rope. Believe it or not, the drag from the chute almost lifted the back end of my Datsun pickup off the ground when I got up to speed. It was kinda dangerous, so I only went twice :wall: Lots of fun, though a mishap would have had us eating sand and clay. :mrgreen: Ah, to be young again!
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Post by skipper »

Fort Bragg!!! I learned all about tatoos at Fort Bragg. Three times even. I went to jump school at Fort Benning in 1975. The hats hated us Marines. Every time we did push ups our CO would make us yell Oooh Raaah on the last one. Well, it would have been the last one if we had kept our mouths shut. I was stationed at Camp Lejeune, Cherry Point, I was an MP at Bogue Field MCALF and spent a little time at New River Air Station all in the Carolinas. Them was the good old days, weren't they?
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

I agree, it coulda been a lot worse :mrgreen: . Fayettenam has a BUNCH of great gunshops scattered all over the place, I think I could find my way to them all, even now! I bet half my check went to those shops during '78-'81, but Jim's Pawn Shop got most of it. He carried Colts, Smiths, Rugers and anything else you'd want, and I wanted most all of them :D I had one HECK of a pistol collection when I left Bragg!
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!