Finally got my .204

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
faucettb

Post by faucettb »

Sounds like you've got a nice gun. Don't know who filled your head with that nonsense about variable scopes, but it's just not true. Even my old Japanese Tasco 8 by 32 doesn't do that.

Nothing wrong with a fixed power though. The only downside is if your calling and have a coyote show up at your doorstep you'll find it real tough at closer ranges. I've got a model seven in 308 with an old fixed four power Leapold.

Got to say my favorite calling scope is a Simmons AETEC 2.8 to 10. 44 foot field of view at a hundred on low power and no it doesn't change POI when you turn it up. I actually like this scope better than a couple of high dollar Leapolds I have.

Simmons AETEC 2.8 to 10

Tasco 8 by 32

BSA 6 by 24 illumnated mil dot

None of these are expensive scopes and they all maintain their POI when powers are changed. The big plus is they all have a fairly wide field of view for close shots and high power for those long shots.
Bob from Idaho
Rugerdogdog
.204 Ruger Guns: DPMS Panther Arms LR-204

Post by Rugerdogdog »

Way to go Bob Finally someone else that is a fan of, and doesnt have problems with those cheap BSA scopes! We are way out numbered here! hahaha
DPMS Panther Arms LR-204 24" Stainless Fluted Heavy Barrel

There is a place for all of Gods creatures...RIGHT NEXT TO THE POTATOES AND GRAVY.