TC Venture predator.204

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
rsbenden
.204 Ruger Guns: TC Venture predator

TC Venture predator.204

Post by rsbenden »

I had previously owned this same rifle in 22-250 so already knew they were very accurate.,today here in Pa. snow,wind n all I set out to zero this rifle and left very impressed.
After getting it on paper at 100yds I shot a 4shot group that could easily be covered with a dime with lots of room to spare,if I'd continued shooting it would have beeen a ragged hole.
I always zero my rifles at 200yds. I shot a few 2 shot groups to get it where I wanted it then let it cool down. Taking my time I fired a 3 shot group and didnt I cloverleaf them! probably luck but I'll take it,needless to say I've came away very impressed with the .204....bye bye 223,22-250. man have I been missing the boat,provided the lethality is there I have finally found the ultimate varmint rifle and will never want another.On the way home I saw a blackbird out in the middle of a corn field and decided to try to shoot it ,200 yds er so....poof! what a rifle,such a misunderstood, underrated cartridge.
I love the .204 and it has become my go to rifle after just one session,just as my other one was~ TC Venture predator 1-10 twist .204 topped w/a Nikon 4x16x50 SF I did mod the trigger to roughly 2# n was shooting 40gr Hornady superformance factory ammo. Im looking forward to handloading this round as I do with all my rifles.