What .204 ruger rifle UK ?

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
mattgriff88
.204 Ruger Guns: None

What .204 ruger rifle UK ?

Post by mattgriff88 »

Hey all,

my name is matthew, its my first time posting on here.
I am in the market for a new rifle in 204 ruger, never owned one before so looking for some advice.

What rifles are available in the uk market that you would recommend?
it will be for shooting fox's mainly, Sako 85 varmint has been recommended to me by my local gun shop, would you agree or would you recommend something else?

Thanks
wirelessguy2005
.204 Ruger Guns: Custom 20 SCC, Savage LRPV 20 Nitro , Howa 1500 204 Ruger

Re: What .204 ruger rifle UK ?

Post by wirelessguy2005 »

If the CZ 527 is available to you i would recommend going that way. High quality rifle and excellent out of the box accuracy. My second choice would be a Howa 1500, again a a great quality rifle and good accuracy out of the box.

Brad
futuretrades
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 .204 Ruger Varmint, Bull Bbl, Lupy 6-18x40 custom

Post by futuretrades »

As an owner and a shooter of the Howa recommended by wirelessguy, I would not even hesitate getting another Howa. Great rifle, and excellent accuracy out of the box. With my reloads, this rifle is capable of 3/8 groups @ 100 yards, all day long, and at times I will put over 100 rds in a days shoot making "Skippy" fly. I have my own issues with the CZ, but they are my own issues.
NRA Benefactor Life member
HOWA 1500 Varmint 204 Ruger, Bull Barrel, Hogue Overmold Stock, Leupold VXII 6-18x40mm AO LRV Custom Reticle Timney Trigger
Cooper Mdl 21 20VarTargW/Leupold VXIII, 6-20x40AO Varmint Hunter reticle.
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

I also would say go the Howa. I have four of them, various calibers and they are just fine. CZ would be my next choice, across the pond. Bill K
zx10mike
.204 Ruger Guns: TIKKA T3 VARMINT

Post by zx10mike »

supprised no one has mentioned tikka rifles ?what are your thoughts one tikkas guys?
sakofan
.204 Ruger Guns: remington varmit sf

Post by sakofan »

Hi Matthew I sent you a PM
Sidewinderwa
.204 Ruger Guns: Savages

Post by Sidewinderwa »

Not sure what is available to you in the UK. I have 2 Savages that shoot very well, 3/8 inches out of the box. Howa, CZ, Tikka / Sako are fine rifles. Since the other rifles shoot so well, I would get one of the others over the Sako and put good glass on it for about the same price. Sako's 5 shot in one inch group guarantee is impressive. Any of these rifles would be great for fox hunting. I would probably go with the 32 grain bullets. Keep us posted it is always nice to hear from the other side of the pond....ohh and pictures for sure! :stickman: :stickman: :banana:
Please, no Sidewinder today!
bigfellascott
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA

Post by bigfellascott »

I like my Howa's too, they all shoot well and function flawlessly, never had an issue with any of them and for the $600 I paid for them they represent excellent value, there's a heap of foxes and bunnies etc out there that absolutely hate em, I don't like plastic stocks so all mine are sitting in Boyds T/hole stocks or Prairie Hunter stocks. :lol:

There will definitely be more Howa's in my Firearms Safe!

I also own a Sako and all I can say is I like my Howa's better! :eek: So much so I'm thinking of offloading my Sako and buying a few new Howa's with it! ;)
Great White North
.204 Ruger Guns: Tikka T3

Post by Great White North »

I would say a Tikka T3 varmint. But I'm partial.
iancxx
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 204

Post by iancxx »

Hiya,
I been shooting HOWA for the last 5 years,cracking accurate rifle,mine shoots anything from 32 to 40gr bullets,love s the 40gr nosler's,put a boyds stock on her,
so my vote goes to howa,
Ian
here's a pic of my howa
Sidewinderwa

Post by Sidewinderwa »

Nice looking Howas ya got there. Especially like the suppressors, bet they help out on the varmint destruction! :reddot: :reddot:
iancxx

Post by iancxx »

yep,the suppressors keeps the farmers happy,and does help with the bunnies,does not seem to spook em as much,especially around the two to three hundred yard area,
and the 204 is devastating on them.
Ian
Sidewinderwa

Post by Sidewinderwa »

Out of curiosity, are suppressors difficult to get in the UK? It is taking $200 for the privilege of the government to do a background check and about a year wait sometime to get the suppressor here in Obammo Land. :evil: :evil:
iancxx

Post by iancxx »

Hiya,
supressors are easy over here,we quote health and safety,they are classed as a firearm,(go figure),and go on our licence,so we do have to ask for one,cuts down a lot of noise pollution,and does protect your hearing a lot,especially on a busy day,or when load developing.
we don't have to pay extra,unless we add one to our licence,about 50 us dollars or less,takes about 2 to 4 week's normally,most gun smiths carry a range of them,over here,but they are a bit overpriced,i think anyway,
but saying that all my rifles carry a one,from air rifle up to my .223.would not like to shoot all day with out a one,espcially around the farm,s and live stock,plus we do a lot of night shooting on the rabbit's with the .22 lr.no noise,lovely,
Ian
sharps4065
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by sharps4065 »

Iancxx...

Which mod do you have on your .204? Waiting on a Tikka T3 Super Varmint but haven't decided yet on the mod. Is yours calibre specific?

Clive