Adjusted Timney now bolt is sticky

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
savageboy23
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 700 sps varmint

Adjusted Timney now bolt is sticky

Post by savageboy23 »

I adjusted my Timney on my 700 .204 down a touch now the bolt seems to be sticky. Any Ideas what I did wrong?
Remington 700 sps varmit with Leupold vx-3 6.5-20 adj objective HS Precision stock and timney trigger
futuretrades
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 .204 Ruger Varmint, Bull Bbl, Lupy 6-18x40 custom

Re: Adjusted Timney now bolt is sticky

Post by futuretrades »

I have Timney's on 3 different rifles, of which 2 are on varmint rifles. These 2 rifles get a lot of work in a season of rat shooting, and both trigger pulls are adjusted to between 12 and 15 ozs. I have only run into something similar to what you describe. When I adjusted the pull on my 223, I adjusted the wrong screw, which is for adjusting creep. Are you sure you are adjusting the trigger pull? Just thinking here. Nothing else makes any sense to me. :chin:
NRA Benefactor Life member
HOWA 1500 Varmint 204 Ruger, Bull Barrel, Hogue Overmold Stock, Leupold VXII 6-18x40mm AO LRV Custom Reticle Timney Trigger
Cooper Mdl 21 20VarTargW/Leupold VXIII, 6-20x40AO Varmint Hunter reticle.
savageboy23
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 700 sps varmint

Re: Adjusted Timney now bolt is sticky

Post by savageboy23 »

futuretrades wrote:I have Timney's on 3 different rifles, of which 2 are on varmint rifles. These 2 rifles get a lot of work in a season of rat shooting, and both trigger pulls are adjusted to between 12 and 15 ozs. I have only run into something similar to what you describe. When I adjusted the pull on my 223, I adjusted the wrong screw, which is for adjusting creep. Are you sure you are adjusting the trigger pull? Just thinking here. Nothing else makes any sense to me. :chin:
I adjusted the front screw as per the instructions. Looked it on online and lots if guys had same issue. They said to adjust the bolt release. Tried it and it seemed to help.

Thanks for your input futuretrades :D
Remington 700 sps varmit with Leupold vx-3 6.5-20 adj objective HS Precision stock and timney trigger