cz 527 kevlar with the new style stock?

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
badas204
.204 Ruger Guns: savage model 25

cz 527 kevlar with the new style stock?

Post by badas204 »

Anyone have any experience with the new cz 527 with the newer style kevlar stock? Im not sure i like the look but considering buying one and puttin a vortex viper 6-24x50 scope or it. Welcome all opinions? Anyone know someone that has one or 1st hand experience with one?
derbyking
.204 Ruger Guns: cooper phoenix

Re: cz 527 kevlar with the new style stock?

Post by derbyking »

heres what i posted awhile back about my boys,same gun and scope.its a heck of a gun.his has a 24" tube.

heres a little update on the cz.i set this gun up for my 10yo boy,mounted a 6-20x44 viper modded the bolt handle for scope clearance and added a tac style knob for more leverage for him.did a little polish work on the bolt and re-parked the handle,changed out the action screws with allen style and did some barrel break in with hsm 32g vmax ammo.gun shot under 1/2 from the get go.after working up some hand loads for both the cooper and cz i can say the cooper will consistently out group the cz but not by alot,the cz is a little gun and with the scope mounted so low almost hard for me to shoot comfortable.BUT the (10 year old) shoots consistent 5 round 100y sub 1/2 groups with hsm ammo and his best 3 round 100y groups are .233 and .280 back to back.i havent turned him loose with handloads yet :D
RowdyYates
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington LVSF, Cooper M21V, C-Z 527 Kevlar V

Post by RowdyYates »

If you don't like the looks of the Kevlar stock, just check out some of the wood on the Varmints coming in now. Yuck. That, and the extra stability of the synthetic is making it look better to me all the time. Still don't know what was wrong with the old-style one, though. :duh:
montdoug
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ Varmint Kevlar with match chamber and zero free-bore.

Post by montdoug »

H S Precision had CZ's first contract for the older design Varmint Kevlar stock and later they went with the same design produced by Bell and Carlson. I have 3 of the HS stocks and really like em a lot but like you, I'm not fond the new look although I'm sure it's still the same great rifle. HS Precision still produces that stock if a guy really wants one and you can get your choice of colors. I think this color would be snazzy for an ole guy like me.

Downside of course is the fact that HS Precision stocks ain't cheap :( .
Here is a link to HS's original designed CZ stock, the above picture is just for color. (told ya they was spendy).

https://www.hsprecision.com/shop2/psv070.html
Shoot Safe!
montdoug

RowdyYates
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington LVSF, Cooper M21V, C-Z 527 Kevlar V

Post by RowdyYates »

montdoug wrote:H S Precision had CZ's first contract for the older design Varmint Kevlar stock and later they went with the same design produced by Bell and Carlson. I have 3 of the HS stocks and really like em a lot but like you, I'm not fond the new look although I'm sure it's still the same great rifle. HS Precision still produces that stock if a guy really wants one and you can get your choice of colors. I think this color would be snazzy for an ole guy like me.

Here is a link to HS's original designed CZ stock, the above picture is just for color. (told ya they was spendy).

So, maybe that guy over on Saubier who's trying to get $475 out of an old-style take-off isn't gouging too much after all...? Thanks, Doug for letting us know those stocks are available, as I was thinking of buying a wood-stock Varmint, then trying to find one.
Just noticed this HS stock is for the CZ 550. Sure it'll work on the smaller 527?
montdoug
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ Varmint Kevlar with match chamber and zero free-bore.

Post by montdoug »

RowdyYates wrote:
montdoug wrote:H S Precision had CZ's first contract for the older design Varmint Kevlar stock and later they went with the same design produced by Bell and Carlson. I have 3 of the HS stocks and really like em a lot but like you, I'm not fond the new look although I'm sure it's still the same great rifle. HS Precision still produces that stock if a guy really wants one and you can get your choice of colors. I think this color would be snazzy for an ole guy like me.

So, maybe that guy over on Saubier who's trying to get $475 out of an old-style take-off isn't gouging too much after all...? Thanks, Doug for letting us know those stocks are available, as I was thinking of buying a wood-stock Varmint, then trying to find one.
Just noticed this HS stock is for the CZ 550. Sure it'll work on the smaller 527?
You are right about that one,the 550 stock will not fit the 527. My OOOP's :oops: !!
Lets take another run at it.

https://www.hsprecision.com/shop2/psv091.html

P.S.
I think that used stock over there is priced pretty proud. Think I'd order a new one in a color I liked, like yellow :D that's an added cost color though and a lot aren't.
Shoot Safe!
montdoug