question on a new cooper 204

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
blkdog

Re: question on a new cooper 204

Post by blkdog »

Be warned!!!! The Cooper Curse is REAL I just ordered my third one in .223 it will sit in the safe with the 6.5 Creedmoor, and the .204. Rick will tell you they are worse than drugs!!! They seem to multiply in the safe and are so satisfying to shoot. My 6.5 just gave me a 2inch group at 500 yards with a 3-5 mph wind! You will love it! By the way, the folks at First Stop are first Rate my friends and myself have purchased at least 5 guns and even done some trading and have been very happy with their performance.
J-Rat
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Re: question on a new cooper 204

Post by J-Rat »

When I retired two years ago I ordered a M21 MTV .204R for my retirement gift to myself. It took a little over a year to take delivery.
It was worth the wait. I have hand loaded Berger 35+40 grn., sierra 32+39 grn. With the factory trigger the rifle will shot 1/4 " or better @ 100 yrds.
My rifle came with a 26" tube. I'm ok with it. ( per cooperarms .204R get 26" barrel.) If you want a 24" put that on the order.
I have a few rifles that I have had to build up the comb to get a good cheek weld. ( m700 LTR , M1A ) With this rifle I didn't need to. With a 40mm scope and low rings it's perfect.
The pic is a target @ 100 yards during barrel break in 5 shots.
Worth every penny I spent.