Savage LPV 204 Extended Magazine

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
Ingwe
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage M12 LPV

Savage LPV 204 Extended Magazine

Post by Ingwe »

I am wondering if any of you know if an extended box-magazine is available for the Savage LPV in 204 Ruger??

It would be great for Prairie Dog killing!

Thanks!
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: Savage LPV 204 Extended Magazine

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Don't know about that, but as an aside, consider that most if not all the guys I know who shoot ground rats shoot single shot, leaveing the bolt open between shots to cool the barrel (BR-style). This also allows loading long to come closer to the lands if wanted for better (usually) accuracy. Unless you like chasing brass in the dirt among the catus needles and rocks, consider not shooting from the magazine for rat shooting, just take the round out of the box, load/shoot, back in the box....clean brass, no rock dings or getting filled with dirt. Many of us remove the ejector for this type of shooting....no sense flinging your brass over to the guy on the next bench, just pick it out of the ejection port.

If you've ever handled/carried a rifle with an extended mag, you already know the handling qualities are severly compromised with the mag hanging down there......bad juju.

In the prairie summer heat, "machine gunning" the rats will soon fry your barrel too. I'd forget the extended mag unless you feel you need to "get tactical" with your varmint rifle. :lol: JMO, JME
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Ingwe
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage M12 LPV

Re: Savage LPV 204 Extended Magazine

Post by Ingwe »

Rick you make a very good point!