Eastern Ore Raptor ??

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Eastern Ore Raptor ??

Post by Bill K »

Rick. Believe I have seen you mention something like this or even this group.. Going through a 12-09 VHM and a article about the Eastern Oregon Raptor Feeding Society in in it.. Good old reading. "Rat Hilton", etc. etc. is this your group or a older one ? Just curious.. BIll K :D
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: Eastern Ore Raptor ??

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Yep Bill, that is my crew, the Eastern Oregon Raptor Feeding Society. That was a piece I did for Varmint Hunter Magazine a few years ago around 2006 or thereabouts right after I got my first 204, my Sako M75 Varmint. That piece was about the Rat Hilton, the place we stay at the ranch, and four days of non-stop rat shooting. I think we averaged about 300 rounds each per day of CF ammo, mostly 223's and 204's.

Utop a semi-trailer having my way with Skippy and his pals with my Sako 204:

I'm working on another piece right now on the 20 Vartarg, and will be at the Rat Hilton with the crew in a few more weeks. The excitement builds, sure glad I had all my rat ammo loaded months ago before this madness hit. I'm ready for spring! :eek:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

Thought so. Looking forward to the new one.. Same old t-shirt :eek: I see.. :D Bill K
Bodei
.204 Ruger Guns: Howa Mod 1500 24" BBL .204R; Cooper M21 20 VT; CZ 527 17HH

Post by Bodei »

We should start a "Tri-State Chapter" Cal-Ore-Nev! Look forward to the new article.
K = ½mv2
futuretrades
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 .204 Ruger Varmint, Bull Bbl, Lupy 6-18x40 custom

Post by futuretrades »

A few years back, I was invited to meet the "crew" at their annual "Rat Rodeo". That was the year that RIO went thru some medical issues, so I did not meet Rick that year. The crew treated me like a long known friend. I was even made an honorary member of the E O R F S.
I had the priveledge of meeting RIO the following year. Although I have not met with the crew for a couple years now, I do still consider each one of them, a very good friend.
Bodei wrote:We should start a "Tri-State Chapter" Cal-Ore-Nev!

You can count me in! :mrgreen:
NRA Benefactor Life member
HOWA 1500 Varmint 204 Ruger, Bull Barrel, Hogue Overmold Stock, Leupold VXII 6-18x40mm AO LRV Custom Reticle Timney Trigger
Cooper Mdl 21 20VarTargW/Leupold VXIII, 6-20x40AO Varmint Hunter reticle.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

futuretrades wrote:Although I have not met with the crew for a couple years now, I do still consider each one of them, a very good friend.
Likewise, Kevin! Thanks for the kind words. :D

We'll have to plan another one down your way this year and get together again for more rat shootin' fun. My rancher buddy there is literally begging me to bring the crew to thin out the rats he has on his 2,600 acres......the same ranch we shot with you in the pic below in 2009. I remember the 95* heat on that shoot....hence the wet towel over your barrel (we'll do it earlier this time!):

You next to Captqc having your way with Skippy from our hillside perch overlooking those rat-filled fields:

That was the trip that my girls, Lucy and Rose got to meet their bovine buddies........ :wink:

Let's hope for some decent weather this spring, and we'll plan another shoot down your way again. After what seems like a long winter, I can almost hear Skippy calling me.......(probably to stay away! :lol: )
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Yup, we sure had a good time down there, only problem is the long drive and high gas prices! Kevin you are one of us even though you are in the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia! Perhaps we can get together again for another Rat Rodeo. :D Captqc