Are "Richard's Microfit Gunstocks" any good???

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
jam1e
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ American s/c

Are "Richard's Microfit Gunstocks" any good???

Post by jam1e »

Hi folks,
I'm trying to order a stock from "Richard's Microfit Gunstocks, Inc" in California, USA for my CZ 527 American, obviously in .204 Ruger. Yet they're not replying to my emails. I've even called them from the uk! But they're continually engaged and i'm put through to an answer phone stating they will call back. I haven't left a message as without doubt they won't call me back. Not that i blame them!
I don't want to place an order only for them to tell me they can't make it for my CZ 527, and then wait weeks to get my money back!
So, have any of you had any positive or negative dealings with them??? Or should i just bin the idea??
sakofan
.204 Ruger Guns: remington varmit sf

Re: Are "Richard's Microfit Gunstocks" any good???

Post by sakofan »

It could work out quite expensive when you pay shipping charges then vat and import duty
Have a look at www.joewestriflestocks.com
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

I have one of their stocks & know a couple people that own them also. They are good stocks. As good as any wood ones out there. But they do come rough!! There's no bark on em but you would think there might be when you open the box. A LOT of filing & sanding. But the good news is you can't add wood once it's removed & you get plenty to work with. I alsi have one Boyds on a Savage 17HMR & it was 99% drop in ready.
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

I have one of their stocks & know a couple people that own them also. They are good stocks. As good as any wood ones out there. But they do come rough!! There's no bark on em but you would think there might be when you open the box. A LOT of filing & sanding. But the good news is you can't add wood once it's removed & you get plenty to work with. I also have one Boyds stock on a Savage 17HMR & it was 99% drop in ready.
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
KIM204
.204 Ruger Guns: kimber pro varmint 204 ruger

Post by KIM204 »

Jamie, This is my 204 ruger in a kimber. This is the Richards in the Tac-Driver at $139.00. I have been happy with it. I looked it up on the web. page and it is on the list for the CZ527. They are great people to work with. Image
Bodei
.204 Ruger Guns: Howa Mod 1500 24" BBL .204R; Cooper M21 20 VT; CZ 527 17HH

Post by Bodei »

Nice looking rifle!
K = ½mv2
broper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 sps

Post by broper »

I was not very satisfied with the stock I ordered from Richards. Very rough and big gaps very poor job of semi inletting. With my experience I would never order from them again. Wish I'd have gone with Boyd's.
Mike
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper, RRA

Post by Mike »

I have one of Richard's stocks on a 10/22. As others mentioned, the stocks come fairly rough and with plenty of wood to work with. If you're the type who likes to tinker around and put your own personal touch on projects, give Richard's a close look. You'll get a quality stock for the money and I am a fan of the stock designs. If you're not that type, you'll likely end up disappointed.

For the record, I didn't have issues with the inletting. My 10/22 dropped into the stock without any tweaking.
jam1e

Post by jam1e »

KIM204 wrote:Jamie, This is my 204 ruger in a kimber. This is the Richards in the Tac-Driver at $139.00. I have been happy with it. I looked it up on the web. page and it is on the list for the CZ527. They are great people to work with. Image
Good picture and very nice rifle/stock!
jam1e

Post by jam1e »

Thanks for the replie folks.
Much appreciated!
broper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 sps

Post by broper »

I don't mind the roughness, it's the inletting that was very sloppy, gaps around tang and all metal. Guy that did it must have had a Monday morning hangover or something. I talked to a stockmaker and he said he's seen quite a bit of that from Richard's. Anyway, to each his own but they'll never get another chance with me. Just my experience and opinion.
Nor Cal Mikie
.204 Ruger Guns: None. Had a 16" barreled rear grip SP that was WAY too wild.

Post by Nor Cal Mikie »

I've had at one time or another at least 10 RMF stocks. I have 4 right now. All except one is the Benchrest Thumbhole model.
Most came pretty rough but as the years go by, they seem to get a little better.
Know going in that they'll need work fitting and finishing. Not a drop in by any means.
About 1/2 the price of a custom built/fitted stock with a lot more style selections.
IMHO, one of the better deals out there. If you're not afraid of sanding and finishing (to make it yours)
they're a good deal.
As far as answering their emails, they can be pretty slow. Snail mail works the best but you being across the pond makes it pretty tough. Keep after them till you get your answers. ;)