Aussie! Aussie! Aussie!

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
ozfox
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Re: Aussie! Aussie! Aussie!

Post by ozfox »

Watched him for 15min fighting with a wedgie over it should of had the vid
Sth Oz Dan
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 Hawkeye

Post by Sth Oz Dan »

Hopefully it was a sick one that had already died. We see wedgies fly over once or twice a month. Never seen any harass the lambs though. Probably more common further north.
But a local guy I was talking to last week said he saw a stranded lamb (wrong side of the fence) and made a mental note to grab it on the way back. 10 minutes later was too late - he saw the wedgie fly off with it.
ozfox

Post by ozfox »

It was already dead old age last year i lost a lot of lambs to wedgies didnt see any taken
FNQAUS204
.204 Ruger Guns: Looking at a Savage

Post by FNQAUS204 »

Good to see heaps of aussies on this site. I just got my license and looking to buy a rifle. Been shooting with my dad since a little one. Very much leaning towards a 204 for my first because i love my varmint hunting, at a distance but still able to make rabbit stew. Has anyone got a savage in the 204 or my other suggestion was a cooper. Thoughts?
bazz
.204 Ruger Guns: tikka

Post by bazz »

hi fnqaus204 cool user name , just buy a tikka varmit in 204 you wont be disappointed cheers bazz
ozfox

Post by ozfox »

I was looking at a LRVP LFT Port savage till i found coopers on the net 12mths to get a cooper savege would take 2 week not a light rifle to walk with
broper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 sps

Post by broper »

Hey boomer 84,
I'm a yank, I enjoy reading about your experiences with the .204. It seems that you guys shoot more different animals and bigger ones too than we do with the .204 here in the U.S. I have a Rem. 700 VLS and I love it. If you'd like to try a different load, try 32gr. Nosler Varmageddons and BLC(2) powder. I use Win. brass and Rem. 7 1/2 primers. Started with 27 gr. powder and worked up to 30 gr. At 28.5 grs. I got a three shot group that measured .169. BLC(2) has become my favorite for my rifle. Keep up the good shooting and hunting, and keep writing about it. It's very interesting hearing about your experiences "down under". Good Luck.
Bob
ozfox

Post by ozfox »

Fox pups are getting out and about spotted 3 pups and mum this morning going to Yarrawonga to fix a windmill conola is getting windrowed it on now have to keep an eye out
chrisso
.204 Ruger Guns: tikka t3

Post by chrisso »

ozfox wrote:Fox pups are getting out and about spotted 3 pups and mum this morning going to Yarrawonga to fix a windmill conola is getting windrowed it on now have to keep an eye out
yarrawonga huh, can i ask where ya live? we go there sometimes for a fish
ozfox

Post by ozfox »

I do a lot of fishing at Mul and the River up & down stream 40 min sth of Yarra
chrisso
.204 Ruger Guns: tikka t3

Post by chrisso »

ozfox wrote:I do a lot of fishing at Mul and the River up & down stream 40 min sth of Yarra
we fish mul a bit too. you fishing theCOC?
ozfox

Post by ozfox »

will be stripping conola
FNQAUS204

Post by FNQAUS204 »

Don't know if you guys notice but there are heaps of foxes and rabbits moving up to North Queensland. Went driving the other night and just driving on B roads 5km out of town i would have see 200 rabbits and 5 foxes over 8okm of driving. Only problem we got so many yahoos up here no one will let you on their property due to the fact in the last year they had some people go through their property shooting anything that moved.. including livestock. Gives us normal shooters who shoot for the "hunt" and don't waste animals. I just want rabbit stew and to keep numbers down to save out aussie animals. I have see in SSAA shooters mag they have some groups of responsible shooters in southern states who go out in community and show people what needs to be done... responsibly.
FNQAUS204

Post by FNQAUS204 »

I'm really liking the ACCU Trigger of the Savages. And i really like the Left Port idea. I do most shooting stationary hides anyway.
ozfox

Post by ozfox »

Not looking good for US gun laws How about the news reports on the school boy clay target shoot at Bendigo after the US shooting