Thanks for the help

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
32dgrz
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage

Thanks for the help

Post by 32dgrz »

I've had a ball working up loads for my 204 Cooper. Done a lot of reading and have found sound advise from many on this list. Had a great day at the range verifying some loads that I've been working up. Found three loads that work really well and went back to see if they would repeat. Actually they were better than the first groups. No wind at all. Shot a few groups out to three hundred. These were the best of those.
Thanks for all of the information that is provided here. Now we need to plan a trip to get some PD's

100 yard using H4895 This one made me smile. I've had nice groups but this is a personal best any cal.

300 Yard shots using 8208

hemiallen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 204r, 20vt one Sako-one Cooper, 17FB 17HH, 17JAVALENA

Re: Thanks for the help

Post by hemiallen »

Nice group.

Isn't it satisfying when you see bullet #2, then #3 all grouped like that in your scope.

Did you buy this new, and did you try Coopers load first? I am about ready to ship a cooper back that I can't get to shoot to their standards and tried their load as well as other suggested loads.

Allen
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Good? Good you say?? :chin: No No this rifle needs help! :duh: Please send your Cooper to me at once and I'll fix it for you! :mrgreen: :lol: On a serious note, ain't it grand when all is well with our toys! I love my Cooper. Gary
32dgrz
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage

Post by 32dgrz »

Dear wife got it for me for Christmas. Got to love a girl that will buy you guns. I doubt I would have ever spent the money for a cooper. I was looking at building a savage. Put a var x iii 8 x 25 target dot on it. I did try their test load. I've found benchmark, 8208, and H4895 all shoot. Yes it it great when a plan comes together. Now
I think I want another in 20 vt.
Ps I shot those groups off a bipod and rear bag. Best group I've ever done like that