flush cup swivels

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
zx10mike
.204 Ruger Guns: TIKKA T3 VARMINT

flush cup swivels

Post by zx10mike »

as above has any one had experience with them.i want to fit them to a robertson stock but have herd rumers (very limited) of them failing and exphensive scopes and rifles crashing to the floor.there not common in the uk yet.i'm hoping you guys can offer your experiences.
zx10mike

Re: flush cup swivels

Post by zx10mike »

see i knew if i tried i would find something you americans new nothing about.come on guys mcmillan make them some one must have them fitted.
Joe O
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage LRPV,Ruger K1V,G2 Contender

Post by Joe O »

They have been around for decades.Just haven't tried them,for the reasons you question,Plus not needed on the bench guns,just walkabout guns.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=8892 ... ING-SWIVEL
zx10mike

Post by zx10mike »

thanks for your reply jo this subject looks like a non starter.i think i'll give them a try regardless.going to fit a tab gear biathlon sling but don't want studs poking out of the stock when not in use.
Dalgo
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger #1 in .204 Ruger

Post by Dalgo »

If it's what you're asking about, I have them on a Steyr Mannlicher Pro Hunter. The strap part ends in a T and fits with spring pressure and you twist it in the slot? I haven't had any problems w/it, but have heard horror stories. Personally, I don't trust the system, but that's just me. Then again, no system is absolutely fail safe.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

I used them on a pair of Browning B78 falling block single shots, and they worked fine. I like them because when using the rifle off the bags, the regular QD studs will rake the leather on the bags....not so with the flush mounted jobs.

At one time, these swivel mounts were standard on many Browning rifles, but that was back in the 70's, dunno now.......
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails