Anybody Have The New C-Z Target/Varmint .204?

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
RowdyYates
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington LVSF, Cooper M21V, C-Z 527 Kevlar V

Anybody Have The New C-Z Target/Varmint .204?

Post by RowdyYates »

The 527 with the synthetic vertical-grip stock? Just wondering if this configuration strictly limited to shooting off of bags and/or mounted bi-pod. Maybe I'll just stick with the "old" Kevlar Varmint, which is now selling at a closeout price (at Bud's, at least; I am not affiliated with that co.)
Pmoper
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FV

Re: Anybody Have The New C-Z Target/Varmint .204?

Post by Pmoper »

Just dropped the dime and bought the Varmint Kevlar...Buds was great and got it out to me in 3 days...
2002silverex
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varmint Kevlar

Post by 2002silverex »

I also just bought the Varmint Kevlar. Will be in tomorrow...cant wait! Wanted the varmint target, but they are backordered. CZ told me 4-6 weeks MINIMUM.
Pmoper
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FV

Post by Pmoper »

2002silverex wrote:I also just bought the Varmint Kevlar. Will be in tomorrow...cant wait! Wanted the varmint target, but they are backordered. CZ told me 4-6 weeks MINIMUM.
Same boat for me....that and the fact I saved about $200 on this instead of the new model....
RowdyYates
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington LVSF, Cooper M21V, C-Z 527 Kevlar V

Post by RowdyYates »

Thanks for the input. Was gonna put a 24" barrel (and a new stock to fit) on my Rem. LVSF .204, but that would cost more than a new Varmint Kevlar; this is a no-brainer. Guess I'd better get off my butt and get one ordered before they're all gone for good!
Bangflop
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ target varmint

Post by Bangflop »

New to the site, just picked up a varmint target in 204 last friday. Mounted a 4.5 X 14 Leupold long range and broke the barrel in monday. Shot some groups with factory Hornady 32gr and had sub moa with one group about half inch. Shot from a bipod. Had the rifle at the trap club last night and some guys threw a buck each on the table and whoever hit a clay target at about 175yds. would win the cash. Only one problem nobody missed! So I pocketed the cash and was told to come back next week with more ammo and we will shoot at 200yds and smaller targets. All were impressed and loved the trigger. To much fun! You can shoot offhand,off a bench with bipod. I don't see any disadvantage to the target style stock. I know ....pics! May have to figure how to post them yet!
Bangflop
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ target varmint

Post by Bangflop »

Forgot to mention CZ said they are back ordered and 15 are going out to distributors this month and 100 next month. I waited 3 or 4 months. I got one of the first 15.