204 less

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
tonyb

204 less

Post by tonyb »

Hi guys, I found a solution to the problems i was having with my Ruger Predaton in .204 a while back...... :wall: after trying every different load known to man and scopes ect. . . . and still not finding the problem :wall: the solution dawned on me like a bolt of lightening from above :idea: . . . I sold it . :eek: Bought a 85 Sako in 22 250 , toped that off with a VX3L 6.5 -20 x 56 and whoa, its good so far , also got a new CZ 527 American in 22 hornet the other day just cause i had a Hornet yonks ago ,so far that seems good as well, hav`nt loaded for the hornet yet but its about .75 at 100 yds. with factory loads :D :D
so at the moment i am 204less, see what happenes in the future , or in the past ..

cheers , Tony . ps, thanks for all the help off the forum . :D
Sth Oz Dan
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 Hawkeye

Re: 204 less

Post by Sth Oz Dan »

You're in the wrong place - you need a 204 to post here :D
Just kiddin mate. At least you gave it a solid try. Maybe it was just a dud.
I still haven't pinpointed my sub 1/2" load. Did a few 3 shots @ .3-.5, but couldn't copy that. Got some 35 bergs doing 5 shots sub MOA and a couple of little areas to test to see if that shrinks. But for a cheapo 1st gun that's not too bad.
And it works on deer!

Have fun with you're Sako and let us know how she goes
tonyb

Re: 204 less

Post by tonyb »

thanks dude , good luck chasing sub half inch , mine used to do it even after the POI had shifted , trouble with those tiny groups out of a hunting rifle is , you know , you really have to do your part when squezzing a round off, but yeah, it`s doable , sounds like you are like me a bit............not happy with inch groups when everyone else is, ah well, it`s all good fun , the best load in both my 204`s were ...28.5 grains 2206H.....CCI br 4`s........Rem. cases........32 grain Vmax.......chroned at 3850 in my old one and 4040 in the last one..........i tried every other projectile for the 204 but the 32 vmax came up tops for accuarcy and destruction factor, (made the most mess) , remember i said me mate got a T3 in 204 ? ...well he loaded some 39 BK`s with 25.7 2206h and at a hundred they are fantastic.....so.....i loaded some for mine to see if they would shoot ok, i took the chrono out and they were only doing 3250 !!!!!!! wonder they didnt get stuck in the barell eh! He keeps missins stuff out at about 250 - 350 yards ... no wonder...may as well use a Hornet .
anyhow ...good luck with it all ....
cheers Tony.