Tell us about yourself...

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
RedLeg
.204 Ruger Guns: Varmint 18"

Re: Tell us about yourself...

Post by RedLeg »

LOL

I am used to shooting the big stuff, and close counts in Artillery.
Mighty fine shooting though. Like I said, need more range time, testing, and practice.
What is your setup?

Properly humbled.

Steve
1st ID Big Red One
ImageImage
Valar
.204 Ruger Guns: AR-15

Post by Valar »

IM 47 years old living in Illinois. Cant wait to retire at 54 and get out of this anti gun state. My 204 is a Ar 15 shilen match barrel. This has become my favorite varmit rifle. Right now I am wishing we would get some snow this year to put the coyote hunting a bit more in my favor. Enjoy this site as there is a wealth of info here. I enjoy being a amature gunsmith. I am almost done with my first rebarrel job. I shall post pics of this 35 wheelen Barreled Mauser shortly. I love reloading and bench plinking! I also love my wife and three kids!
ryutzy
.204 Ruger Guns: Superior Arms Custom AR-15 Leopold VXIII 4.5-14X50

Post by ryutzy »

Redleg--to see my setup see my post "AR 204 Ruger For Sale" Hey with a little more work, either loads or shooting setup you should be able to knock dow those groups even more. And yup you smoked the 5" group lol!
It's hard to detect good luck, It looks so much like something you've worked hard for and earned.
Stay humble, Stay teacheable
RedLeg
.204 Ruger Guns: Varmint 18"

Post by RedLeg »

Just want to say that I am also a complete NOOB (like it is not obvious!) to BR shooting. Never owned an AR before, was issued several, all with iron sights. Also, this is my first scoped rifle. Have only 59 rounds through my AR, to include sight in. Not looking for sympathy, just knowledge.

I understand that NOOBS can be frustrating to others, but everyone has been very helpful on this site. Fearing that I might miss someone, I will not list names, you know who you are! :D

Again, thanks to everyone.

Keep your powder dry!

Steve
1st ID Big Red One
ImageImage
ZenArchery
.204 Ruger Guns: Bushmaster .204

Post by ZenArchery »

Filipino raised in Texas. Been a Student Pastor for over 20 years. Raised shooting a recurve bow. Got back into hunting after college. Primary quarry I like to hunt are hogs and varmints. I also love to do photography and videography on the side. I run a mens outdoors group at our Church.

I ran across the .204 on a whim. I've been looking for a .17 HMR upper for my A.R. It was going to run me about 700.00 from Alexander Arms. I talked to someone at Cabelas and they were selling a Bushmanster .204 A.R. complete for 799.00. I couldn't pass on the deal and instantly fell in love with the caliber.

So far 5 coons, 1 coyote and my 3rd biggest hog of the year have all fallen to this fast, flat moving round.
bow shot
.204 Ruger Guns: Rock River Arms AR-15 Varminter
Location: Central NY: infested with liberal wack-jobs and their damage

Post by bow shot »

Red' and Zen', you came top the right place!!
OBXMan
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage model 12 LRPV

Post by OBXMan »

Hello everyone. I've been lurking here as a guest for some time. I'm pretty much a gun nut. Love most anything that will launch a hunk of lead. I've been interested in the 204 for quite awhile now. I'm currently working in Afghanistan and had planned to buy one when I returned to the states. Well my lovely bride to be surprised me and bought me the exact gun I was interested in. A Savage Model 12 LRPV. Quite a lady huh! I have a Trijicon 5X20 accupoint I'm gonna take off an AR and mount on it. Just ordered a Murphy Precision scope base in titanium. I cannot wait to get home and put a few rounds through it!
Sth Oz Dan
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 Hawkeye

Post by Sth Oz Dan »

Sounds like you got the right model (wife). Been thinking of upgrading to one of those - Just kidding huny :eek:
Enjoy that Savage OBXman. Let us know how it shoots
goatr
.204 Ruger Guns: Tikka T3 Lite stainless

Post by goatr »

Hello all, Another Newbie. Been lurking for last little while. Bout myself, I am a 65+ yr old semi retired electrician, avid hunter, can never seem to get out enough.I live in Manitoba, Canada, bout 125 mi. due north of Pembina N.D.
Had been looking to relace a 17 Rem. that I had many years ago, and couple of weeks ago stumbled on the 204R. The more I read the more I knew I wanted one.
Now I can say I am the proud owner of a Tikka T3 Lite Stainless in .204R. So far have only put thru bout 40 rounds initial sighting in and barrel breakin. Any load suggestions will be most welcome. I have been reloading since the early 80's but never experimented just used data out of the manuals. I must say that this little Tikka in .204R is a sweet little rifle. Varmints here we come.

Rene
derrick in missouri
.204 Ruger Guns: savage model 12

Post by derrick in missouri »

Just wanted to say hello look forward to talking to everone.
roooster_11
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger #1 .204

Post by roooster_11 »

Hello all, Ross here. I'm 41 years old and live in the "Sportsman's Paradise" Southern Louisiana....so yes, I AM a coonass! Been hunting all of my life and just recently (about one year now) I've gotten into shooting. I'm current waiting on my first .204 from gunbroker...can't wait. I reload now and am enjoying the heck out of it and still learning alot on the subject everyday. I'm really looking forward to learning from you guys about reloading for the .204, and also hunting with it. I hunt everything from squirrels to deer and I do alot of hog hunting as they are a real problem here in S. LA. I'm going to list my guns just to do it...hope no one minds: ;)

Ruger #1 .204 (on it's way)
Marlin 336 .30-30
Rem 700 .243
Rem 700 .308
Sako A7 .25-06
Savage .17HMR
H&R .500S&W
Browning .22 Lever Action
T/C Hotshot .22LR (for my son)
and a bunch of shotguns and pistols too!
and the list continues to grow :roll:
"If courage is a word that knows not fear, then I have never met a couragous man; a brave man is one that puts his fears aside, and does his job" Unknown
bkhartman
.204 Ruger Guns: none yet

Post by bkhartman »

Hello to all members. Came across your site while searching for reviews on 204's and it sounds like a good 1. I like Savage Arms, I have a tactial .308, .223 and a .17 hmr. I just picked up the Savage 220 20ga slug
ryutzy
.204 Ruger Guns: Superior Arms Custom AR-15 Leopold VXIII 4.5-14X50

Post by ryutzy »

Welcome!!!! Lots of good info about the 204 and others. You will like the 204 should you decide to buy one!
It's hard to detect good luck, It looks so much like something you've worked hard for and earned.
Stay humble, Stay teacheable
Sth Oz Dan
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 Hawkeye

Post by Sth Oz Dan »

roooster_11 wrote: just recently (about one year now) I've gotten into shooting.

Ruger #1 .204 (on it's way)
Marlin 336 .30-30
Rem 700 .243
Rem 700 .308
Sako A7 .25-06
Savage .17HMR
H&R .500S&W
Browning .22 Lever Action
T/C Hotshot .22LR (for my son)
and a bunch of shotguns and pistols too!
and the list continues to grow :roll:
:eek:

"gotten into" might be a little understated - that's an impressive list for one years buying.
Good on ya mate - enjoy.
Let us know how that Ruger goes when you get her
bkhartman
.204 Ruger Guns: none yet

Post by bkhartman »

New guy Brian here, Hello to all members Came across your site while searching for reviews on 204's and it sounds like a good 1. I like Savage Arms, I have a tactial .308, .223 both sub moa and a .17 hmr that's a real fun gun. I just picked up the Savage 220 20 ga slug gun and was looking at their rifles in .204. Not sure what ml to go with or do I want to try 1 AR style? Like my Bushmaster Patrol Carbine. The .204 would be for g-hogs, coyotes, long range balloons and such so any advice would be great. Thanks Brian