aftermarket stocks for a savage 12fv

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
mark g
.204 Ruger Guns: savage 12fv

aftermarket stocks for a savage 12fv

Post by mark g »

hi folks, i recently bought a savage 12fv and although the barrel and action is exactly what i wanted, i am not too keen on the stock, i have given it a fair bit of thought and i think i would like a thumbhole stock for it, being in the uk its going to have to be imported from the us, i am leaning towards one from eabco at the moment but would be glad of any thoughts or opinions, thanks, mark.
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Re: aftermarket stocks for a savage 12fv

Post by Bill K »

Another good stock company is Boyd's stocks.. Goggle them up and check them out. I am sure they will send to the uk.. Bill K
22 Mag

Post by 22 Mag »

Mark
Check with Sharp Shooters Supply. Fred is a Savage Gunsmith and he makes and sells stocks for the Savage firearms.

http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/
"Happiness is not having everything you want, but wanting everything you have"
GaCop
.204 Ruger Guns: AR-15, 24" stainless varmint barrel

Post by GaCop »

22 Mag wrote:Mark
Check with Sharp Shooters Supply. Fred is a Savage Gunsmith and he makes and sells stocks for the Savage firearms.

http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/
+1 for Fred.
GaCop
.204 Ruger Guns: AR-15, 24" stainless varmint barrel

Post by GaCop »

For an economical stock, take a look at the B&C Duramaxx. I've used the Duramaxx for a number of builds and really like it for field/tactical use. I routinely epoxy bed mine.
tuck2

Post by tuck2 »

There are Boyds Thumb Hole Varmint stock on my Howa 1500 Varmint 223 Rem, Rem 700 LS 221 Fireball, and Rem 700 17 Fireball rifles. You may have to remove a little wood to get the barreled action to set in the stock which is no problem. I glassbed the action with about one inch of the barrel . The rest of the barrel is free floated. The Howa rifle had the Boyd stock on it when purchased new. The two Rem 700 rifles had sporter weight stocks which were replaced with the Boyd stocks. I test fired the 221 Fireball yesterday and got sub 1/2 inch 100 Yd groups which are smaller than I got with the orignal sporter stock. I have another brand thumbhole varmint stock on my Ruger 10-22 T and it took a bit more work before glass bedding the action . If I were to replace a stock on any of my other rifles it would be a Boyds brand.