11/11/11 Lucky day for me

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
ryutzy
.204 Ruger Guns: Superior Arms Custom AR-15 Leopold VXIII 4.5-14X50

Re: 11/11/11 Lucky day for me

Post by ryutzy »

Fine guns you have there........be sure to show us how they shoot!
It's hard to detect good luck, It looks so much like something you've worked hard for and earned.
Stay humble, Stay teacheable
Wrangler John
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Precision Target/Shilen Custom

Re: 11/11/11 Lucky day for me

Post by Wrangler John »

jo2009 wrote:funny,every savage ive owned will group like that
jo, jo, jo! I am a Savage fan also, build 'em like they was made of Lego's, and indeed they shoot as you mentioned - even better, but to compare them to a Cooper is sacrilege!

Savages are more the utilitarian tool, a bunch of easily adjusted parts requiring semi-skilled labor to assemble, a Thermos bottle marked "Made in China" compared to a Stirling silver coffee service. They are the 1973 Dodge Dart of rifles, while the Cooper is more akin to a one-off Foose custom Camero. They both have their place in the world, and indeed my old Dodge Dart with the slightly modified 318 would smoke a lot of better cars, it never rose to the level of anything more than a receptacle for lost shriveled french fries, and dimes and pennies dropped at the drive-up window, along with hunks of Vibram sole shaped mud sculpture. The Cooper is something I oil and clean with a reverence lest rust appear, while the Savages have their bore cleaned only to be dismissed into the safe in the same way Craftsman tools are tossed in the toolbox. Therein lies the difference. :lol: