rem700 trigger adj

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
eaglewatch008
.204 Ruger Guns: rem700 vssf

rem700 trigger adj

Post by eaglewatch008 »

took my rem 700 .204 vssf to my gun smith for trigger adjustment, unfortunately he was unable to adjust it as the allen screw was solid :wall: , does anybody know is this set in place at the factory or is threadlocked in and may need some heat to free it, we were unable to get the thing below 2-3/4 pounds :mad:
the trigger is a silver unit,has no creep, and the gun is used in the field. just trying to avoid going to the expense of buying a timney or jewell

cheers
struttin
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem. 700 SPS Varmint

Re: rem700 trigger adj

Post by struttin »

Eagle, 2-3/4 pounds is about as low as your going to get. Knowing what I know now, I wish I would have just bought an after market trigger from the start. If it's not an externally adjustable X-MARK trigger, dont waste your money on trying to gain a lighter pull weight. Not enough gain for amount your going to spend. Warning, after I had mine adjusted, there were a couple of times when closing the bolt the firing pin would release so always be safe. To answer your original question I don't recall heat being needed to make the needed adjustmens