Browning .204

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
pslyke
.204 Ruger Guns: none- yet!

Browning .204

Post by pslyke »

I was calling one of my favorite local gunshops to see what they had in .204 and they mentioned a browning hunter that was a shot show special from a few years ago. It was priced about $600.

Does anyone have any info on this rifle, barrel length, twist, weight? Anyone have any experience with this rifle, would it be a shooter? I'm debating on it or a Tikka also in .204. Would $600 be a good price? it is new.

Thanks guys!
Trent
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 SPS Varminter

Re: Browning .204

Post by Trent »

I'm not terribly familiar with the Brownings other than the fact that they make fine firearms. I will say however, if they have had it for a few years... they are probably pricing it too high.
wirelessguy2005
.204 Ruger Guns: Custom 20 SCC, Savage LRPV 20 Nitro , Howa 1500 204 Ruger

Post by wirelessguy2005 »

The hunter model has a 22" barrel, 1 in 12 twist (standard on most 204's), and they are an accurate rifle out of the box. The one thing i would recommend is taking it to a gunsmith and having the trigger lightened. The $600 price is a little bit high for the Hunter model, i recently purchased a Medallion model on Gunbroker for $550 and it was new in the box.
pslyke
.204 Ruger Guns: none- yet!

Post by pslyke »

So I went with the browning abolt hunter in .204 and ordered Warne scope bases for an abolt, the box just says abolt nothing else...they don't fit...

is this a micro action and thus need "micro bolt" scope bases??
ugh- Was hoping to get it mounted up and sighted in this weekend!

I live close to the warne factory in oregon maybe I can swing by and get them swapped out!
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

I think yes, it's a Micro-sized action, so if you can get Warne to swap out, it would be a good thing. I've seen the Shot Show Specials at a shop downstate, but none here locally. That's nothing new, though, Browning rifles just don't sell well in this area, for reasons unknown.

This is a Ruger/Remington/Savage town. You wouldn't believe what a feller has to do to get a Winchester!
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!