new .204 nut

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
zx10mike
.204 Ruger Guns: TIKKA T3 VARMINT

Re: new .204 nut

Post by zx10mike »

jrwoitalla
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varmint

Post by jrwoitalla »

I'm quite familiar with Daystate and its price tag. Best of the best as far as airguns are concerned. Love my Air Arms-its an older model without a safety and has a conventional bolt. Use it here for ground squirrels. If the wind is cooperative I often make kills out to 50m on adult squirrels with it. What caliber is yours and what pellet do you prefer? I use Beeman Kodiaks as my go to pellet.
The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason- Benjamin Franklin
zx10mike

Post by zx10mike »

i stick with daystate .22 pellets the target turrets on top mean i can shoot a pigeon with a good succes rate at about eighty yds on a still day.got a rabbit at 92 yds last week on a field were live ammo could not be used but i don't normally like to use it past 50 - 60 yds.i paid no more than a viarach hw 100 but yes its 2-300 more than standard rifles but at least you can see what you get for your money.
ryutzy
.204 Ruger Guns: Superior Arms Custom AR-15 Leopold VXIII 4.5-14X50

Post by ryutzy »

zx10mike
Thanks for the reply on the suppressor. Not many people use them in the US because they are not legal everywhere and it takes money and lotsa paperwork to be legally allowed to have a suppressor. I want one really bad for hunting coyotes at night. I also like to shoot coyotes off a bait pile from my living room window, but now that we have our first baby my wife would use the gun on me if I shoot from the window now. If I get a suppressor I hope she will let me shoot from the house. One night this past winter I was shooting and the neighbor called the sheriff to investigate the shooting. LOL It was a new neighbor, everyone else on this road ignores it when they hear gunfire because they know it's just me shooting targets or critters.
It's hard to detect good luck, It looks so much like something you've worked hard for and earned.
Stay humble, Stay teacheable
zx10mike

Post by zx10mike »

even with a moderator on if i shot from my house i would go to jail but that would protect me from my wife who would form a linch mob with the nieghbors.allthough they are not shown in the pics all my rifles are moderated its the norm over here.i had know idea that was why you guys seldom use them i just thought the mad americans like big guns and loud bangs :lol: its a matter of time till one of you guys buys an apachie helicopter and uses it to hunt ducks :lol: all said with admiration.
cheers guys
fishy
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 Hawkeye

Post by fishy »

zx10mike wrote:s :lol: its a matter of time till one of you guys buys an apachie helicopter and uses it to hunt ducks :lol: all said with admiration.
cheers guys
I've seem it where there where guys shooting pigs from a helicopter to help control the population at one of the local state lakes. So we may not be that far off. :lol:
zx10mike

Post by zx10mike »

i new it chuckle chuckle :lmao:
ryutzy
.204 Ruger Guns: Superior Arms Custom AR-15 Leopold VXIII 4.5-14X50

Post by ryutzy »

mike well you certainly are mostly correct. lol bigger is usually "better" over here lol I am one of those that would rather blow the varmint to pieces to make it deader!! :D rather than use the smallest gun that might kill the critter. so this is why my new varminter that is being built is a Bat Actioned 6MM AI designed to shoot a 75 grain bullet at 3860+ fps! I figure I should be able to blow the yoteys leg off.
It's hard to detect good luck, It looks so much like something you've worked hard for and earned.
Stay humble, Stay teacheable
jrwoitalla
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varmint

Post by jrwoitalla »

One reason I use small bore rifles is I'm such a skinny, small framed bit of a bean pole. Secondly, less powder and lighter bullets=less$. Finally, my biggest game are ground squirrels. I've considered a 243 loaded with 55gr bullets but just never got too excited about the idea. The thought of a new 22br topped with a Leupold(or as the properly schooled pronounce it-"Leo Poled"), might cause my wife to think I've been cheating on her judging by the condition of my shorts it induces :party1:
The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason- Benjamin Franklin
zx10mike

Post by zx10mike »

if i don't fancy eating it the .204 makes a propper mess of a rabbit.i'm shooting 40g tips wich seem to blow things up more.(oops i mean more humane)that rifle with a caliber i'm not famileir with sounds like you may as well buy a grenade launcher.i am a big leupold fan myself as you can see.the mk4 is my favorite but the mk3 is higher mag.one day i may afford to upgrade the vx3.not for a long time tho after buying that stock.