Bartlein barrels, looking for opinions

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
MiniSniper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 Custom by Absolute Accuracy.com

Bartlein barrels, looking for opinions

Post by MiniSniper »

On my new .204 Ruger custom rifle the builder informed me he is using a Bartlein barrel. Fortunately for us they are just starting a run of 20 cal. barrels so delivery will only be 6-8 weeks. Any experience or opinions on Bartlein barrels would be greatly appreciated. Want to get it right the first time...

Thanks in advance...MS
jdefranc938
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper 21 Varminter .204 Ruger

Re: Bartlein barrels, looking for opinions

Post by jdefranc938 »

I too am using a Bartlein barrel for my build on a 6.5x47 Lapua. It should be coming in any day now. I researched barrel makers extensively and decided on the Bartlein. Now if you ask 10 different ppl on here, or anywhere else, you will probably get 10 different answers on the best barrel manufacturer. However, Bartlein has extrmemly tight tolerances, they have been used by many of the WINNING shooters in BR competitions, and my gunsmith said I wouldn't regret going with the Bartlein as long as I wanted to wait the 6-8 months :D . The bottom line, is I have heard nothing but good about them (no horror stories). A lot of the guys like Pac Nor and I also have a barrel ordered through them for 222 Rem. The major difference in companies is the way they rifle their barrels. Some, like Pac Nor, with use the button method. While others like Bartlein, Krieger, etc. use the single cut process. The single cut process is SUPPOSED to be superior but if you talk to RIO on here he has a few Pac Nors and the proof is in the pics, THEY SHOOT WELL! So to finish up to your question, the Bartlein should do very well for you!

Keep us posted and we love pics!
Cooper M21 Varminter 204 Ruger with Leupold VX-3 6.5-20x40mm LR VHR
Custom Remington 700 6.5 x 47L with Leupold Mark 4 8.5-25x50 M1 TMR
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS

Re: Bartlein barrels, looking for opinions

Post by Jim White »

The difference between button vs single point cut barrels is all things being equal (steel quality etc...) a single point cut barrell will shoot better over a longer number of rounds. The accuracy one vs. the other is nill, IMO. If you're not reguraly shooting barrels out, it probably won't matter. If you are, just do the math and pick the one that suits your needs.