204 in ireland

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
noosegun
.204 Ruger Guns: remy .204

Re: 204 in ireland

Post by noosegun »

well paddy09 i live in county armagh along the monaghan border, i guess by your user name your from ireland as well if so what part ?
paddy 09
.204 Ruger Guns: remy 700 vls

Post by paddy 09 »

The sunny south east ,Wexford !
Malazan
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper .204

Post by Malazan »

noosegun wrote:well paddy09 i live in county armagh along the monaghan border, i guess by your user name your from ireland as well if so what part ?

Wasn't County Armagh pretty rough at one time? I thought I read somewhere, where they nicknamed it "Bandit Country"? :eek:

Live Hard

"When the Government fears the People there is Liberty, When the People fear the Government, there is Tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson
noosegun

Post by noosegun »

good old wexford i have a guy that works with me that comes from wexford not sure what part must equire more off him, have you come across many irish users on the forum??
noosegun

Post by noosegun »

hi malazan, yea still is called bandit country, they say that our lord changed water into wine and here they change red diesel into white diesel lol:: but things are good over here now all quiet, not a bad thing as the gun laws have relaxed a good bit (legal) and it leaves the shooting easier too, i can recall that not long ago i was shooting at the back of the house over ground that i have permission and was totaly safe to do so, had let off about four round at some targets in the field when i heard some shouting comming from the top of the garden i turned round to see three SA 80s pointed in my direction with very warm looking soilders holding them at this stage dont know who was the most scared them or me!!turned out they were taking a rest stop in some fields in front of the house when they heard the shots and thought they were under fire, good job they realisaed they werent under fire and were happy to see that it was some crazy paddy firing at something that couldnt shoot back. truhfully ireland is a great island even better if we could put a roof over it

be careful out there
TONK
.204 Ruger Guns: I own a .204 Ruger & 25-06 Ruger!

Post by TONK »

Hello Folks!..............Well I wish I could shed some light on your question Laddy but I am new to the .204 Ruger caliber, it was sometime (months back) ago that I was introduced to this whiz bang caliber and after awhile and folks at my gunclub speaking about it, why I had to have one and see for myself. I ended up with a Savage in the model 12. I have shot factory loads from the bench only but I hope to soon be able to load my own on a new Hornady Lock N Load press downstairs, the Good Lord willing that is. Irish Mike
Thank a VET for your Freedom!
noosegun

Post by noosegun »

local farmer had problem with charile taking lambs .204 solved that at just over 180yards
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

"Charlie"?? That moniker has an entirely different connentation to me.......a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...... (also known as "Victor Charles".)

Good goin' and nice shot with your 204, the lambs are safe.....for now. ;)

(How'd you come up with Charlie?)
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails