204 in ireland

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
noosegun
.204 Ruger Guns: remy .204

204 in ireland

Post by noosegun »

hi everyone

new to the forum and have it to be a great source of info with great pics which i hope i can add too, have been shooting a remy 700 VSSF with a Schmidt & Bender PM11, T4 sound moderator up front. hope to reload some rounds so will be looking loads of info to get off to a good start
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Re: 204 in ireland

Post by Glen »

Good to have you here noosegun!! :wink: You'll find lots of loads at the top of the page under the "204 Load Data" tab.
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
noosegun

Post by noosegun »

cheers glen

did some reloading for the 22 hornet and 6.5x55 few years back and still have the main gear will have to take the plunge and get some more for the 204 !!! be like starting again lol
Sidewinderwa
.204 Ruger Guns: Savages

Post by Sidewinderwa »

Noosgun, great to have you here. Yes we would love to see pictures of Ireland. What varmints do you shoot there? If you can get some Sierra 39 grain Blitzkings and H4895 powder, try it. It has worked great for me.
Please, no Sidewinder today!
noosegun

Post by noosegun »

cheers sidewinderwa in my parts it is mainly foxes, rabbits used to pentlyful a few years back but the .22 and the old disease maxie........ took its toll, at the time there was that many rabbits the famers and us thought they would never get scarce but what a differance 5 years make. now alot of the local shooters will not shoot them, although they are starting to make a come back in parts.
Sidewinderwa

Post by Sidewinderwa »

Is it easy to have guns in Ireland or are there restrictions? I have not heard of Ireland's gun laws. We are very fortunate in the USA regarding this but they are always trying to put more restrictions on us. Remember the pictures :mrgreen:
noosegun

Post by noosegun »

gun laws in ireland where do i start!!!!!!!!
overall things not too bad now but that was a different story about 10years plus ago in northern ireland, you have me thinking now how long ive been shooting and the how fast the years are flying by me lol, it took me almost two years too get a 22magnum even thought i held a shotgun cert for a few years before that. the largest caliber that you could get for vermin was the hornet and it was hard to get a cert for, i then upgraded to the hornet after many visits by the local police who i must say didnt seem to have any objection to me having one. over the years times changed things got quieter and the laws relaxed a little bit towards rifles and today they can get .222, 223, and the popular one now seems to the 22-50 for vermin (foxes) also alot of .17hmr around as well the guys over have here not heard much of the 204as much as the older calibers who have more talked or written about them. iam still shouting about this deadly round to anyone that will lend me an hear. on the other hand in the Republic Of Ireland iam not totaly sure on how tight the laws are as i have only held a visitors permit for the guns that i already held in the north. they have the .22s and the .220swift around for a while now but i will go no further than this and will leave it too some of other Irish members to call that one.
PS as i live on the border area between north and south things probably were tighter regarding laws on rifles calibers, this is my experience and maybe not the case elsewhere. i suppose the moral of the story that i have found is that if you have GOOD REASON for what firearm you are look have, no law no matter where in the world can legally hold it off you.

take care and be careful out there
noosegun

Post by noosegun »

if you can see the pic i must have done something right, this is the pride and joy till the next one
204 remy VSSF with a Schmibt &Bender 10x42 PM11, T4 sound mod and Harris swivel bipod,

Sidewinderwa

Post by Sidewinderwa »

Very nice setup you have there. Looks like it is just waiting for the fox to show up. I am jealous over the suppressor, we cannot use them where I live.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Sidewinder: Don't get too jealous over that supressor.....I just read that the Washington State Legislature has the bill in-house now to legalize hunting with them there (for varmints). It's already legal here in Oregon, so just a matter of time. (California will probably never see them legal there though.)

Start saving now.....they're not cheap by any means, but sure do open another world of effectiveness...... :chin:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Sidewinderwa

Post by Sidewinderwa »

Rick, I can hope but remember with a Democrat controlled state and Governor, I'm not holding my breath. They want to restrict our night hunting rules as well in good ol' Washington state.
noosegun

Post by noosegun »

we have to put them on our firearms cert to be legal i would not shoot without one hanging on the front it make some differance in the noise great for lamping lol
cost for the T4 was 200.00 english pound
noosegun

Post by noosegun »

quick one for you guys what is the cost of hornday 32g v max bullets over with you, iam paying 18.50english pound for box of 20rounds
Malazan
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper .204

Post by Malazan »

18.99 a box here in Colorado

Live Hard

"When the Government fears the People there is Liberty, When the People fear the Government, there is Tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson
paddy 09
.204 Ruger Guns: remy 700 vls

Post by paddy 09 »

noosegun wrote:quick one for you guys what is the cost of hornday 32g v max bullets over with you, iam paying 18.50english pound for box of 20rounds
Welcome along,what part of Ireland are you from ?