Kimber Rifles

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
WnMag
.204 Ruger Guns: Kimber 84M Pro Varmint .204 Ruger- Cooper M21

Re: Kimber Rifles

Post by WnMag »

Boba
Looks pertie darn good!! ;) How many rounds do you have through it? Are you doing the whole breakin procedure..shoot clean system?

I have 75 rounds through mine now, wanted to shoot today but its to flippin cold out, had enough cold the last 5 days of work.
I think it was me....or the wind.
Boba
.204 Ruger Guns: Kimber 84 M Pro Varmint

Post by Boba »

WnMag: I have probably fired 250 rounds through this gun so far. I did not do the "official" break in procedure but do clean it thoroughly after every 10-12 rounds or so, using Butch's Bore shine and a back-and-forth brush stroke for every round fired. Also use Sweet's to get the copper out. I'll bet as fast as these little bullets travel and as much heat as is generated, the accuracy would drop off quickly if the barrel wasn't cleaned frequently. One thing I try to do is pace my shots so I'm not putting a lot of rounds, one right after another, through the barrel. I got a Leupold range finder for Christmas and have been cruising the back roads looking for coyotes to try the .204 out on, but so far no luck...
ryutzy
.204 Ruger Guns: Superior Arms Custom AR-15 Leopold VXIII 4.5-14X50

Post by ryutzy »

Boba wrote: I did not do the "official" break in procedure but do clean it thoroughly after every 10-12 rounds or so, using Butch's Bore shine and a back-and-forth brush stroke for every round fired.
By back and forth do you mean that you reversed the brush inside the bore? It is my understanding that you never want to reverse directions of the brush while inside the bore of the barrel.
It's hard to detect good luck, It looks so much like something you've worked hard for and earned.
Stay humble, Stay teacheable