First atempt pic upload!!

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
WnMag
.204 Ruger Guns: Kimber 84M Pro Varmint .204 Ruger- Cooper M21

First atempt pic upload!!

Post by WnMag »

My new Kimber 84M .204 Zeiss 6.5-20x50mm and Lead sled Santa brought me.Image
Ok I think the pictures are here...I am going to shoot this tomarrow no matter what the weather is here in ND :twisted:
I think it was me....or the wind.
Clint E
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Re: First atempt pic upload!!

Post by Clint E »

Sweet rifle let us know how it shoots. You will really like the sled makes sighting in so much easyer.
Silverfox
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12VLP purchased in June 2004 + 2 other custom .204s

Post by Silverfox »

WnMag--From the weather forecast I heard, you will probably be shooting through a bunch of snowflakes falling from the sky, maybe some freezing rain, and a whole lot of wind. Good luck and wear warm clothing!!!

If you size your photos to 640 x 480 they will fit in your post nicely and be big enough so we can see your rifles better.
Catch ya L8R--Silverfox
WnMag

Post by WnMag »

Silverfox, Ya you gotta love the weather or else I think youd go mad!! Next time I'll make the pictures bigger. I was hopeing to get out early before the weather got to GOOD :mrgreen:
WnMag

Post by WnMag »

Got some shooting done yesterday, still breaking in. I thought it did good. These are with HSM 39gr, Blitz King.

ImageImageImage

[/img]
Clint E
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by Clint E »

Looks good for a fresh barrel. I see you have plenty of that white stuff on the ground.
Silverfox

Post by Silverfox »

WnMag--So after a few shots with the new Kimber 84M, how are you liking the rifle? Are you going to continue shooting the HSM factory ammo or start reloading your own? Your rifle may be the exception to the rule, but with the home-made ammo you can usually squeeze out some outstanding accuracy.

I almost bought one of the Zeiss 6.5-20x50mm, but wound up getting a refurbished Nikon Monarch 6.5-20x50mm with a fine duplex reticle and side focus.

I hate to keep raggin' on you, but the photos you posted were so big I had to use the bottom scroll bar to see them edge-to-edge. Here's one of your photos that I sized to 640 x 480 using PhotoBucket's Edit feature. You had it sized to 1024 x 768.

When you are in your album in PhotoBucket all you have to do to resize your photos is to left-click on the picture and then click on the Edit command right under the photo to the right side of the name of the photo. Then move your mouse pointer up into the top edge of the photo and an Editing menu bar will appear. Point to the Resize button and when the drop-down menu drops down, just select the 640 x 480 for size and when it asks you if you want a copy or to replace the original, tell it to replace the original.

It's a whole lot easier and quicker to do it than it is to type how to do it.
Catch ya L8R--Silverfox
WnMag

Post by WnMag »

Silverfox
I'm not sure on the ammo. I would like to reload for it but need to take care of some of the WIFE'S wishes first. I dont have reloading equipment yet.
I do like the rifel, and I know I can do better with it, think if I can lighten the trigger up a bit and get rid of some travel things would tighten up on the paper. I want to try some differnt ammo and bullets to see what it likes. I think I may stay with HSM untill I aquire a good supply of brass.
HAHA one of these days I will master the picture uploading and sizing. Thanks for raggin on me!! I need that from time to time. :wink:
Silverfox

Post by Silverfox »

WNMAG--Your rifle may give you smaller groups as you get a bunch more rounds down the barrel. I know my Savage 12VLP in .204 Ruger was giving me 5-shot groups around 1.00" for the first 50 or so rounds and then it settled in and has been a sub .5" shooter ever since. Most of the time it is probably a 3/8" shooter, but it is handicapped by the nut behind the trigger. :wink:

Keep us posted on how it is doing. You are a wise man to take care of a few of the wife's wishes before you lay in a bunch of expensive reloading equipment. However, remember to tell her how much money you will be saving per round of ammo if you start reloading. Also remember--DO NOT tell her that you will be shooting ten times as many rounds once you start reloading. :lol:
Catch ya L8R--Silverfox
Rodeorat
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varmit

Post by Rodeorat »

I'm new to this sight and thought I would post some pics of my new CZ 20 caliber 204. I have had this rifle for about a month and I just got through customizing it. I did the glass bedding job, scope mounting and bolt work myself. I have been reloading now for about 5 years and this is my first rifle to customize. I shot factory ammo for my test shooting I haven't had a chance to load up some rounds. I have posted a pic of the results at a 100 yards. I was very impressed with this rifle
and I think the accuracy will improve when I work up my own loads. The bedding was a learning experriance for sure and a lot of work but it was fun doing it.

#1 Image

#2 Image

#3 Image

#4 Image

#5 Image

#6 Image
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS

Post by Jim White »

My 1st 204 was a CZ American. I stumbled into it and at the time, I wished it would have been the Varmint version. Since then I have aquired 2-more Remington VLTHSS in 204 so now the CZ is my carry around rifle and what a dandy it is. Anyway, mine required a bedding job, free floating and a couple hundred rounds down the tube before she settled in. But once it did, it shoots groups similar to yours @ 200 yds as long as the set-screw behind the trigger (aka...me) steadies the sights correctly.

Jim
Rodeorat
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varmit

Post by Rodeorat »

I know what you mean about being steady Jim. I shot a total of ten shots 6 sighting in the rifle at 50 yards. Then move to 100 yards. I cleaned the barrel and the range was about to close in about 4 minutes. I loaded 3 rounds and fired them my son was spoting for me. My son and the range master said I should pull the target and keep it. I told them I had to go for one more shot. They were giving me a hard time about screwing up a good target. I let the pressure get to me and slung the forth shot. Oh well another day. I really like they way this rifle shoots. I can't wait to load up some of my own rounds and give them a try. :D

James