NEW HAWKEYE PREDATOR

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
Trent
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 SPS Varminter

Re: NEW HAWKEYE PREDATOR

Post by Trent »

Don't be afraid to post more photos of that beautiful gun either! :lol:

VERY nice. Love the scope (I live only a few miles from the original Redfield factory in Golden Colorado). Glad to see that Leupold bought the brand and is manufacturing scopes under the Redfield name again. I hope they decide to add a couple target scopes to the Redfield lineup.
Valar
.204 Ruger Guns: AR-15

Post by Valar »

Pictures are good
tonyb

Post by tonyb »

Hi Qtiphky, some of the kangaroos are about 6 feet tall and probably weigh between 80 to 150 pounds :eek: , never really took the weight of a whole one, i know i have ran into a couple on my way home in my 4WD and smashed the bull bar back into the bonnett and done a lot of damage :mad: , mate of mine hit one couple weeks back and destroyed his new toyota hilux , 6000 dollars damage . :eek:
But anyway they are big , some of the different varieties of roos are smaller and probably weigh the same as a coyote, i dont really know , i also have shot fallow deer with the 32 vmaxes , a well placed shot will drop em, I have tried some 34 grn and 39 and 40 grn pills, My way of thinking is if ya gunna have a 204 you want the high velocity, otherwise you may as well use a 222 or 223 with 40 grainers in it ??? .
I will put some pics on shortly , its a bit of a hassle useing this photo bucket thing but its ok i guess, just takes a while if one is computer dumb like me , Have a good christmas everyone :D , spose its winter time in the US OF A ,

cheers Tony ...
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

Aint nuthin wrong with posting pictures of "terminal bullet performance" on here Tony!! :wink:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
tonyb

Post by tonyb »

here are pics

Qtiphky
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 American

Post by Qtiphky »

Oh My God! Are you sure those were shot with a 204 and not with something more like a 20mm Vulcan? Those are some pretty devastating ballistics photos. They appear to be the same size as coyotes so I think my 34 grainers will work fine.

By the way, yes it winter here and we are under about 3 feet of snow in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Can't wait to get out hunting for 'yotes after the new year now. :D
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

Very nice!! :wink:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
tonyb

Post by tonyb »

Thanks guys, defineately shot with .204 , I actually find the 204 with the 32 vmax way more devestating than my .264 rem. or the other bigger cals. The only rifle i have other than the 204 that would be as devestating ( this may sound a bit strange to some ), wait for it .......... is my model 94 Win in 30-30 loaded with 125 grain sierra hp. Those big hollows going about 2400 will mess things up pretty well , but they have not got much penetration as the 204 would not have either , trouble is will the mod.94 win. there is only open sights and yeah... i am getting better with it but no where near good enough to actually shoot stuff in the head with it ,
Kangaroos have a sorta different head than one of your "cotes " , not that i have ever seen one , roos heads sorta got lotta bone and hard stuff in em so the little 32 vmax as soon as it hits em it explodes , like a grenade, literally , I have shot very big roos at stupid distances (long ) and bullets go into the chest and they scratch em selves wondering what that was , so ya gotta aim a bit higher and give it to em again , i found the 32 vmax will drop between 12 and 24 inches at about 480 yards , thats when zero at about 250 or something , i should say that that is where i aim at something if it that far away, where i hunt there is wide open plains and hills and allsorts of terraine , the roos are in plauge numbers , I wish i was capable of shooting stuff at 1760 like Bob Lee :D you could have a ball.
Christmas day here now, 10.35 am , about 78 degrees F , nice day , so long and merry xmas.
Tony.
E-Texan Shooter
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Mod 12 VLP

Post by E-Texan Shooter »

I have had a Ruger Predator for a couple of years now and love it for a "carry gun". I shoot crows, turtles, coyotes and hogs with it (although I always shoot the hogs in the head). I have only floated the barrel, otherwise it is factory. However, it only shoots the 32 gr V-Max bullets well (usually .5 moa, sometimes a little more). It is deadly on crows in the 200 yd range. I killed one this morning at 227 yd and in a very lucky shot killed one at 345 yards last week, using a lot of Kentucky windage. My grandson received one for Christmas and so far it is shooting .5 moa without any modifications. We are shooting the same loads as i shoot in mine. It is not an inexpensive rifle, but if you are looking for an accurate small game rifle to carry every day in your truck, I highly recommend it.
Gube
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage VLP and BTVSS. Tikka 3 stainless & grey laminate

Post by Gube »

Wow. Now that's what I call "carnage" :eek: . Awesome
Savage Vaporizer
JLJ223
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12VLP

Post by JLJ223 »

Nice looking rig and surprising damage done with that little round.