need help deciding on a new 204....

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
Valar
.204 Ruger Guns: AR-15

Re: need help deciding on a new 204....

Post by Valar »

Cobra Just want to say God bless your son ,and you and yours for having him. He is protecting our freedom. This American appreciates it Dearly. God Bless!
cobra94
.204 Ruger Guns: (2) M77 MII Ruger, #1 Ruger stainless/laminate

Post by cobra94 »

Thanks Valar,
I guess a lot of people don't really understand what it's like until either them selfs or a loved one is serving our country. (a lot of sleepless nights!!!)
My son should be back to his home base (Hawaii) this week, he is really looking foward to coming home on his leave. We will have a lot to catch up on but most of it will be done while hunting or shooting our .204's.

Thanks again,
Cobra
Big_Bullseye
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger #1 Varmint Stainless - Custom Noveske AR15 .204

Post by Big_Bullseye »

Griff wrote:Dowpet, I have a Savage model 12 LRPV - it handles well, looks nice and has a fantastic trigger. It is NOT a light rifle however - especially by the time you have topped it off with a quality scope. I use it for shooting from a bench, car bonnet or similar. It is not really a walk around rifle.

Fred_C_Dobbs - what was your starting load for your Savage? what were you shooting, 32's, 39's or 40s?
I have an LRPV in 6BR and man is it a shooter. I would highly recommend that model but it is a bench gun unless you are very strong and like carrying around 12 pound guns.....
Doveryai no Proveryai