New

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
WnMag
.204 Ruger Guns: Kimber 84M Pro Varmint .204 Ruger- Cooper M21

New

Post by WnMag »

Brandon here, born and raised in northwestrn montana, recently moved to north dakota. Posted last night about reloading.
Well im 36 and was shooting at 5 yrs old with dad. 3 kids 2nd and last wife :D . The family also likes to hunt and shoot. We enjoy the outdoors year around,ice fishing, skiing,snowmobiling, camping takeing the horses for a ride, packing into the back country, ect.
I know I will learn a bunch on here and am looking forward to it.
Thanks.
I think it was me....or the wind.
RoadKill
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem. 700VLS and 23" G2 barrel on older Contender

Re: New

Post by RoadKill »

Gotta spare room? :lol:
Mike
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper, RRA

Post by Mike »

Welcome aboard, Brandon!
WnMag

Post by WnMag »

Roadkill my spare room might have some floor space, around one side. :lol: I need a shed to make more room in the spare room. Need to make room for my reloading adventure.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Welcome aboard Brandon....a bunch of like-minded rifle loonies here to share the fun. As you're in PD country, I know you'll make friends here with the rest of the rat-wackers. Some of us have been handloading longer than you've been on the planet, so feel free to ask any questions that may come up....it's all good, and we're all friends here.

By the way, my house has a bedroom that never saw a bed...built the place as a dedicated gun/handloading room. A man's gotta have his space! Guard that room until it's full of your "man stuff", or it may turn into a sewing room......seen it happen, very sad thing.

Oh one more thing.....pictures, we like pictures. :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

WnMag

Post by WnMag »

Thanks Rick,
Right now the spare room is a mixture, So far i have a MAN SIDE of the room, till we get a shed I cant do much more.
Sidewinderwa
.204 Ruger Guns: Savages

Post by Sidewinderwa »

Welcome aboard. Sorry to hear about the horses. I only say that because we were out catching a horse at almost midnight last night. There is a bunch of information flying around on this site. Some of it is even GOOD! :lmao: We like to have some fun too and yes pictures. Looking forward to your posts.
Please, no Sidewinder today!
WnMag

Post by WnMag »

Thanks Sidewinderwa, Lucky for me the horses are still in Mt at Dads place on the farm. I see your from Pasco. My old man sells lots of seed potatoes in that country.

I'll post some pics one of these days, what kinda pics everyone like???
Mike
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper, RRA

Post by Mike »

WnMag wrote:I'll post some pics one of these days, what kinda pics everyone like???
Accurate rifles, mutilated prairie dogs/ground squirrels and beautiful scenery are always popular.
RoadKill
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem. 700VLS and 23" G2 barrel on older Contender

Post by RoadKill »

The room I had in mind for myself after you described the conditions you’re forced to endure. I’ll die on my recliner so I’ve lashed the bed on edge against the wall with all the other junk that should have already been tossed, and now that space is my dedicated gun room complete with target board view from the window and no TV. Staying with the theme, the kitchen is also woodshop with a two by seven joiner bench for an island. There is obviously no longer a Mrs. to try to please.

I’m just getting back into reloading after too long a layoff and for the most part equipment wise I had to start from scratch. I started with four new reloading manuals and went with the Redding Big Boss Pro-Pak Deluxe kit which includes a nice powder measure and decent case trimmer. I have Redding and RCBS dies. I added a fly weight Lee press for use only with a Redding decapping die mounted next to a Lyman 1200 Turbo case tumbler and went for several additional primer pocket flash hole case prep tools most of it nice to have but none absolutely necessary. If doing stuff in .17 and .20 caliber some of these toys only fit .22 and larger without additional pilots and/or caliber specific part numbers. I also have well over a dozen different styles of hand planes but only three or four see more than just occasional use. Play with “search” (for%spaces%between) and you’ll probably find the answers to most of MY stupid questions. Enjoy!
Valar
.204 Ruger Guns: AR-15

Post by Valar »

Win, sounds like your doing it all right to me! Similar situation here except youngest daughter is a sophmore and will be a empty nest sooner than Im ready. Oh well life goes on. Wife and I enjoy our Harley and pull a popup behind it. We were able to do Colorado this summer and Florida twice prior. Looking forward to retirement, and not under the ROOTs! Life is a gamble and also what we make it. Welcome abourd I am new myself. Love to shoothunt fish and fix broken stuff. Take Care
PS. Keeping the wife makes it easier to afford what we enjoy! My thought anyway! Besides she is kinda neat to play with!
Clint E
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by Clint E »

Welcome . And did any body say we like pictures :D . This is a great site tons of info and lots of good people. Dont feel bad i only have half a mancave for now.
OldTurtle
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage mod. 116 and Custom .204 AR

Post by OldTurtle »

Guard that room until it's full of your "man stuff", or it may turn into a sewing room......seen it happen, very sad thing.
So True....We just moved a couple of years ago and have a 4th bedroom in the basement that would have been a great "Man Cave", Gun Room, etc... but the wife grabbed it for her Craft room right off the bat... I was forced to build my own space off the Storage room next to it, in about half the space... :eew: ... but I like to eat her cooking, so I didn't fight it too hard...

Living where you do now, you may acquire a lot of "New Friends" that like to shoot Prairie Dogs.... :lol: It's not that far of a drive if you know there are rewards at the end....Just insist that everyone brings double food and ammo to leave behind... :D
AR
Factory/Factory